Where should I be spending my time?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in MIcrowinX beta 3

• More Software Support
    • Some Registry Cleanup
    • Working Driver Cleanup
    • Some From All Of The Above

• 2 weeks later...

It does not use Java. You can disable JRE for it. Only the dbase part uses Java god knows why and that is not the reason why it has a slow startup time...the reason why it has a slow starupt time is because it has to load everything into memory which unlike in MS Office has parts already loaded in memory...and given that MS wrote XP and MS wrote Office, they would know their system internals better to speed up the loading process.

I voted for all of the above. though I'd say software and driver support are a little more important than registry cleanup. I pretty much do that on my own anyway :P

edit: sweet, third page starter lol

Edited by anoxan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

For me the ideal MicrowinX would be one that allowed me to surf the Internet on either dial-up or broadband, with as little need for critical updates as possible. I don't mind having to run a firewall, but find having to constantly update because of major "holes" in the operating system itself a "pain in the a*&!".

Waywyrd.

Hi,

In which case, the sooner the better. And a lot of people are going to be extremely grateful. Me for one.

At the moment I use a 98Lite, with further modifications to surf the Internet in "relative" safety.

Waywyrd

• 2 weeks later...

If gdogg is as good as his word

when I am done they'll be nothing left to patch :P
then you should have the choice between a lean mean Internet/online Gaming O/S. That won't get infested with malware etc. or having the standard XP setup.

Something Microsoft could have done in the first place... instead of install everything whether you want it or not. Even Win98 gave you an... albeit limited... choice when it came to installation!

If gdogg is as good as his word
when I am done they'll be nothing left to patch :P
then you should have the choice between a lean mean Internet/online Gaming O/S. That won't get infested with malware etc. or having the standard XP setup.

Something Microsoft could have done in the first place... instead of install everything whether you want it or not. Even Win98 gave you an... albeit limited... choice when it came to installation!

Ah, the good old days :}

Windows must be omnidirected, cause there is a lot of incompatabile junk software and hardware out there

+ it's allways good to destroy your present and potencial opposition regarding software market, cause if you have everything inside Windows, why would you look further - look how many people use IE cause they got it with Windows

Competition destroyed, step 2. raise prices... :angry:

• 2 months later...

pools useless now, msfn decided to illegally possess my project, and shut down my thread.

due to aegis' claims, that microwinx is just a theft of mindows.

anyone remember mindows, that project that used taskmanager as a user interfact, used more memory then an nlite windows, and just sucked.

yah, that thing, well, microwinx, will only appear on. microwinx.com, there will be no forums for user support, and there will be no annoncement of release dates.