$OEM$ not copying stuff over

I do not understand why this is happening. I have my $OEM$ right next to the i386 folder, and the unattended.txt has OemPreinstall=Yes selected...

Does this only work on fully automated setup? I chose the hide screens option because so I can change things like name.

sorry it confused me. I read someone telling another person to put that line in the file, and that line is in my unattended.txt file (the program that ms gives put it in). I just put it in a file and named it winnt.sif and put that in the i386 folder. Is that correct?'

Instead of just destroing millions of CD's, I am using a better method which everyone here who can use it should! Have the setupmgr program microsoft gives setup a share on your computer, then on the computer you want to put windows on, run the bat file it makes! Installs over the network! Its beautiful!

DAMNIT! It still didnt copy over! What am I doing wrong?

Also winnt.sif is for CD install, im doing network, which uses unattended.txt

Edited by petard

Incorrect - if you have a WINNT.SIF file in your i386 source, it doesn't matter where you're installing from. Unattend.txt is still a good way to go, just an FYI. However, since you said you're installing over the network, you will need to have the $OEM$ folder INSIDE the i386 folder for it to be copied over. It needs to be alongside i386 from bootable CD, but inside the i386 folder for network install. You can point the install to your $OEM$ folder in the unattend.txt or WINNT.SIF file, too, if you want to leave it where it is.

I do not understand why this is happening. I have my $OEM$ right next to the i386 folder, and the unattended.txt has OemPreinstall=Yes selected...

Does this only work on fully automated setup? I chose the hide screens option because so I can change things like name.

Recently I've met the same problem as what you have.I'm just installing from HDD,and my solution is to copy $OEM$ folder which is beside i386 folder into i386 folder, then it works!

However I just couldn't understand why ought two $OEM$ folders? Seems different from any reference materials I've seen.

My English's so poor and I hope someone will understand it. :blink:

Edited by Jim Wong

As cluberti has mentioned.

Network install - only 1 $OEM$ folder inside I386 folder.

I386\$OEM$

CD Install - only 1 $OEM$ folder beside I386 folder.

I386
$OEM$

Anything different must be specified in the answer file.

Edited by MHz