iTunes 6 + Quicktime from cd help

esp

Hello,

been doing this a long time but recently i converted my whole dvd in order to get all applications installing from the dvd in stead of the hd. I use WPI.

Everything worked before (when installing from the hd) but now when installing from the dvd I can't seem to get a few programs installed anymore.

_ Photoshop CS

_ iTunes

_ Dreamweaver7

I read in these forums that for instance photoshop only works from cd (or dvd) when adding another command

like this;

Installing from hd=

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PhotoshopCS\Photoshop\setup.exe -s

Installing from dvd=

%cdrom%\Applications\Applications\PhotoshopCS\Photoshop\setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\Photoshop.log"

I now have;

%cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004\Setup.exe -s

%cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004update\Setup.exe -s

REGEDIT /S %cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004update\register.reg

%cdrom%\Applications\itunes\iTunesSetup.exe /S /v/qn

So are there some additives for itunes and dreamweaver as well to get them working from (my) dvd?

Hello,

been doing this a long time but recently i converted my whole dvd in order to get all applications installing from the dvd in stead of the hd. I use WPI.

Everything worked before (when installing from the hd) but now when installing from the dvd I can't seem to get a few programs installed anymore.

_ Photoshop CS

_ iTunes

_ Dreamweaver7

I read in these forums that for instance photoshop only works from cd (or dvd) when adding another command

like this;

Installing from hd=

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\PhotoshopCS\Photoshop\setup.exe -s

Installing from dvd=

%cdrom%\Applications\Applications\PhotoshopCS\Photoshop\setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\Photoshop.log"

I now have;

%cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004\Setup.exe -s

%cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004update\Setup.exe -s

REGEDIT /S %cdrom%\Applications\DreamweaverMX2004update\register.reg

%cdrom%\Applications\itunes\iTunesSetup.exe /S /v/qn

So are there some additives for itunes and dreamweaver as well to get them working from (my) dvd?

You need to set what %CDROM% is. It is not a system variable like %systemdrive%. Search on the forums for %CDROM%, you'll find plenty of ways of setting it as a variable.

HTH Rik

I know what %cdrom% is for and how to control it. I use WPI, so if you know that program you know there is a batch file that calls WPI but also sets the cd-letter by searching a .ico file in the root directory of the cd.

ALL my other programs work correctly. Just Photoshop, iTunes and Dreamweaver won't anymore since I went for the 'install apps from dvd' method.

I install iTunes with no problem from DVD.

I made a sfx archive of the extracted files from iTunesSetup.exe with the following comment and call it from WPI with no switches (from DVD).

Setup=iTunesSetup.exe /S /V"SILENT_INSTALL=1 INSTALL_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 ASSUME_QT_DEFAULTS=0 ASSUME_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=1 ALLUSERS=1" /w"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

PS, QuickTime installer is removed from SFX archive.

• 1 month later...

I made a sfx archive of the extracted files from iTunesSetup.exe with the following comment and call it from WPI with no switches (from DVD).

Setup=iTunesSetup.exe /S /V"SILENT_INSTALL=1 INSTALL_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 ASSUME_QT_DEFAULTS=0 ASSUME_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=1 ALLUSERS=1" /w"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

can you please explain this a bit better. i am a bit of noob and i dont use WPI. i am having a problem installing itunes with a silent instalation. Where do i put the code that you just gave me? which file?

thanks

TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

can you please explain this a bit better. i am a bit of noob and i dont use WPI. i am having a problem installing itunes with a silent instalation. Where do i put the code that you just gave me? which file?

thanks

that code has nothing to do with WPI.

its a Winrar SFX archive. all you need to know is this:

iTunesSetup.exe /S /V"SILENT_INSTALL=1 INSTALL_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 ASSUME_QT_DEFAULTS=0 ASSUME_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=1 ALLUSERS=1" /w"