cant seem to make the background transparent

Scubar

hi i seem to be having some trouble, im still fairly new to photoshop and havent quite got the hang of it yet.i followed a guide to make a button but i seem to be stuck and now i cant make the background transparent even though its showing transparent in PS.

ive saved both the psd and the png that it comes out as. im hoping someone could tell me howi could fix this so i can do it in the future

Download Here

Many thanks

Edited by ScubaSteve

it only has one layer unless im being blind or summat

You are right, one layer only.

Problem is in Bevel and Emboss --> Pillow Emboss.

You are using Pillow Emboss to make things shiny.

You should use another layer with white as Foreground to Transparent gradient and 60-80% opacity to make things shiny.

the one problem i have is with the gradient tool, i make an circle using the elipse tools and it fills it with my foreground colour. then i goto gradient tool and set the gradient. as soon as i try dragging it inside the circle it covers the whole canvas. how can i make it s the gradient only goes inside the circle ?

man i suck at PS

then i goto gradient tool and set the gradient. as soon as i try dragging it inside the circle it covers the whole canvas. how can i make it s the gradient only goes inside the circle ?

Your circle must be selected before applaying gradient.

Hold Ctrl and click on layer with circle (little thumbnail), selection will appear.

Create new layer and select it, (selection is still there) and than use gradinet inside circle selection.

this is very good tutorial Orange orb

hope this helps

Edited by Bas