Help slipstreaming

NtegrA

I have tried this multiple times on different sources and seem to have the same issue. Below is attached my Errors.txt and wu.txt files.

I am using a network distibution style install. Actual path to I386 is \\imager\windist\tos\i386. So I would map drive to windist share and run my install batch using winnt.exe

During initial file copy LegitCheckControl.CAB can't be copied. Neither is WGA1.dll and WGA2.dll. I have to skip these in order to continue with install.

At the point that HFSLIP runs during install (Advanced INF Install) I get a bunch of "can't locate HFSLIPxx.INF" popups (xx are sequential numbers).

The rest of the install goes as it does if I use non-slipstreamed i386.

Does CD type matter (retail, oem, corp)? I am using OEM version for source files.

errorrpt_wu.zip

I have tried this multiple times on different sources and seem to have the same issue. Below is attached my Errors.txt and wu.txt files.

I am using a network distibution style install. Actual path to I386 is \\imager\windist\tos\i386. So I would map drive to windist share and run my install batch using winnt.exe

During initial file copy LegitCheckControl.CAB can't be copied. Neither is WGA1.dll and WGA2.dll. I have to skip these in order to continue with install.

At the point that HFSLIP runs during install (Advanced INF Install) I get a bunch of "can't locate HFSLIPxx.INF" popups (xx are sequential numbers).

The rest of the install goes as it does if I use non-slipstreamed i386.

Does CD type matter (retail, oem, corp)? I am using OEM version for source files.

Well, for the HFSLIPxx.INF you need to modified the CMD files located on the I386 folder and the other on the I386\SVCPACK folder, the lines you need to modify are just the ones with the FOR statement, by default these lines set an enviroment variable which point to the location of the INF files, in both files this statement is trying to find the I386 folder location, asuming that the I386 folder must be located below the root of the drive containing the sources, modify them and make them match the path you use when you map your network share.

For the WGA1.dll and WGA2.dll you must be sure that these files are located on the I386 folder i guess, i'm not sure about this, cause right now I writing on another machine, can't see my test sources, but should work ok, I have installed using multiboot CD and everything worked fine for me... in these cases the I386 folder is not located below the root of the CD.

Edited by pnkiller78