Open Office 2.0

Nakatomi2010

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

here is my solutions :

to install silently run :

start /wait msiexec /qnb /i c:\ooo2\OpenOfficeorg\openofficeorg20.msi  ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1

all the .doc .xls and this kind of unusefull files are now associated with openoffice

the users profiles are storing in application data by default

if you want change this path, edit the bootstrap.ini

in %systemdrive%\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program

change the line : UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/OpenOffice.org2

to your new local path, for example to put your settings in C:\lprofile\Ooo2 use :

$ORIGIN/../../../lprofile/Ooo2

don't use c:\... there is a bug with uno_packages, it won't accept it (i'm so sad to find a bug in ooo2)

i hope it's help

• 1 month later...

Well I guess if we could just disable the registration that would not cause the icon in the startup folder.

I know there is a way to disable it withg a script (overwriting the original file with antoher one) but since I want to use it with Active Directory, is there a way to do it with the MSI not with scripting?

• 2 weeks later...
hi !

here is my solutions :

to install silently run :

start /wait msiexec /qnb /i c:\ooo2\OpenOfficeorg\openofficeorg20.msi  ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1

all the .doc .xls and this kind of unusefull files are now associated with openoffice

the users profiles are storing in application data by default

if you want change this path, edit the bootstrap.ini

in %systemdrive%\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program

change the line : UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/OpenOffice.org2

to your new local path, for example to put your settings in C:\lprofile\Ooo2 use :

$ORIGIN/../../../lprofile/Ooo2

don't use c:\... there is a bug with uno_packages, it won't accept it (i'm so sad to find a bug in ooo2)

i hope it's help

can anybody pls tell me on how to put the commands in WPI....pls :)

• 2 months later...

I was curious if it is possible to use taouh method to select which components you want to install. I tried to use orca to modifiy the exe as suggested by the O&O authors, but I don't know which properties to change to make this happen.

Thanks

]Bonkers[

• 10 months later...

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\openofficeorg20.msi ADDLOCAL=gm_Root,gm_r_Files_2,gm_r_Files_3,gm_r_Files_4,gm_r_Files_5,gm_r_Files_6,gm_r_Files_7,gm_r_
,Files_8,gm_r_Files_9,gm_r_Fonts_OOo_Hidden,gm_p_Wrt_Bin,gm_p_Wrt_Help,gm_p_Calc_Bin,gm_p_Calc_Help,
gm_p_Calc_Addins,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_o_Oo_English,gm_o_Winexplorerext

start /wait msiexec /qnb /i c:\ooo2\OpenOfficeorg\openofficeorg20.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1

so should I just put that in my batch file? And does it matter where the last part to that is? Finally, forgive me if this is a dumb question but; do I need a program called msiexec? thanks

Edited by cullend11

• 9 months later...