Visual Studio 6.0 Install Error

Wildarms

Hi,

I've just gotten round to installing my first nLite verions of Xp. Everything seems Ok except that I um unable to install Visual Studio 6.0. After I kick of the install, the installer returns an error that says...

"Couldn't find Acme setup"...then a message telling me to try the installation wizard again.

Have you any idea what I've removed that I shouldn't have done??

Thanks.

Last_Session.ini

Hmmmm. Still no joy. I've added back 16 bit support and terminal services. The installation gets one step futher but then still fails with the same error..

I may have to get myself a copy of Virtual PC to make this easier!

• 11 months later...

actually, I'll rephrase that. Has anyone gotten VS6 to install at all? I didn't remove any components at all and only set up the unattended!

It's either me or SP2....

and I get that it cannot run 16-bit applications and then the error above

Edited by Birds

had tried to build the machine from the XP gold this with nothing customised other than the unattended setup section. but the install still wouldn't work. It works in my current machine, but it already has it is all at once, so something may be different there.

borrowed an enterprise install disk from work, the install gets further but this time it asks me to update the Microsoft Java Virtual machine before starting the install! however if I let it try to install the virtual machine, an error happens anyway and it tries to reboot thinking that the installation had completed

Next, I copied the whole CD onto a local disk for faster access since I was going to be testing this forever moree. And then I found that when I run the setup, sometimes it would work and sometimes it would say could not find the file acmsetup.exe (or some other file access error)

is something strange is happening here?

Edited by Birds

Visual Studio 6 may need:

Frontpage Extensions,

Active Directory,

VB Scripting,

IE Core

If you kept all of those and it doesn't work let me know.

Use 1.2RC, don't remove Mouse Cursors until next version.

in the end, I couldn't get it to work using the normal set up. However I was finally able to get it to work by running the acmsetup after a few tries.

is possibly a problem with VB6 rather than with nLite

however I still have problem with some other msi programs.