setup can't copy files

myxa

Hi I created an XP pro disk with nlite, I got SP2, used patches and tweaks and disabled themes service and integrated some drivers, but when I'm installing it setup can't copy some files so I have to press escape to skip those files it's confmsp.dll and article.chm and few files from integrated drivers from NLDRV folder that it can't copy and yes those files actaully exist in I386 folder. windows still works no problem without those files but if there is anything I can do to fix that then i want to try

tnx

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured you'd rather I did that than create a new thread. ;)

I made two copies of XP Pro SP2 using nLite and I tried both of the .ISO's on Virtual PC 2004. The first one had no extra programmes, utilities or applications added, but I did remove various different features that I didn't want.

Upon the virtual installation, everything worked fine, took me straight through the whole process, installed all of my drivers and logged me in and it all worked fine.

THe second .ISO I made was exactly the same as the first but with some applications added to it. The whole way through the installation process it was saying that files couldn't be copied and to ESC to skip it. I did this for each one (there were a lot) and then when it eventually booted up and logged me in, the Windows theme was gone and none of my drivers worked.

Any idea why this happened, especially since both ISO's were exactly the same, besides the fact that the second had some applications (that I downloaded from here) on it? :(

theysayjump, ok, now don't you think that I would like to know which applications were that :)

Please list at least 1 or 2 with links to same versions you tried, thx.

myxa, still haven't tried this, will soon.

• 1 month later...
theysayjump, ok, now don't you think that I would like to know which applications were that :)

Please list at least 1 or 2 with links to same versions you tried, thx.

myxa, still haven't tried this, will soon.

My apologies, I should have been more specific.

The errors I was getting were not due to the applications I had included, they were due to the fact that I had removed certain Windows components, such as Outlook Express, MSN Games, MSN Explorer etc.

When Windows was looking for these components to install, of course they had been removed and was asking for me to browse and find those files to install those components. This is where my question comes in. Is it possible to have those pop-ups, asking to find certain files, to go away, or not come up at all? Or is there no way around that?

Also, the programmes that I included with the install were ones that I found on this site, so whatever versions of certain applications are listed on this site, then those are what I used. Including:

Firefox

CCleaner

Ad-Aware

7-Zip

Edited by theysayjump