Enableing Remote Desktop on install

Hi,

I've created my Unattended XP CD and would like to tweak it a little, one of the thinks I'm looking to do is have remote desktop enabled by default but I'm not sure what I need to do. Please advise.

Regards,

arden

It may be dangerous. However, if you know the IP addresses or IP address range of the machines that will be connecting remotely, you can add this in a script to run via RunOnceEx, or GuiRunOnce, etc:

netsh firewall set service type = remotedesktop mode = enable scope = <whatever scope>

That'll punch the hole in your XP firewall for remote connections, but only for the IPs or IP ranges that you want to allow.

Hi,

I've created my Unattended XP CD and would like to tweak it a little, one of the thinks I'm looking to do is have remote desktop enabled by default but I'm not sure what I need to do. Please advise.

Regards,

arden

Add this to the Unattended.txt and/or Winnt.sif

[PCHealth]
RA_AllowFullControl = 1
RA_AllowToGetHelp = 1
RA_AllowUnsolicited = 1
RA_MaxTicketExpiry = 604800

This info was found in the help file in "deploy.cab"

Edited by mywindow

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Regards,

arden

It's there a way to do the same thing with a batch file(or vbscript)?(remote desktop enabled & the hole in XP firewall)

Edited by Mercury 22

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Regards,

arden

It's there a way to do the same thing with a batch file(or vbscript)?(remote desktop enabled & the hole in XP firewall)

;Turn on Remote Desktop

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]

"fDenyTSConnections"=dword:00000000

;Turn off Remote Assistance

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]

"fAllowtoGetHelp"=dword:0