Microsoft Office 2000 Unattended Installation

You'll need to visit the Office 2000 Resource Kit site (http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2000ddl.htm) and download the file "ORKTools.exe" (do a search on that site for the downloadable file). This will install the Office 2000 Resource Kit core tools, which includes the Office 2000 Custom Installation Wizard. You will use this to create the transform to be applied to your Office installation.

First, you will need to create an administrative installation point for your Office 2000 source - manually run office setup from the command line with the /a switch. This will create an "administrative install point", either on your local hard disk or on a network drive.

Second, you will need to run the Custom Installation Wizard to create a transform. Follow all of the steps in the wizard, and save the transform to the administrative installation point location you just created. The Custom Installation Wizard will also tell you what command line you will need to use to install Office 2000 with the transform you just created. You will not need to use the original Office 2000 source files anymore - simply copy the administrative installation point to your network or to a CD and you should be good to go.

I strongly suggest you visit the Office 2000 Resource Kit site and do some reading before you try this. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it isn't difficult either once you know what you are doing.

Good luck!

Edited by cluberti

Sure. If you do the following, you should have a basic custom Office 2000 installation:

1. Visit the Office 2000 Resource Kit site (http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2000ddl.htm) and download the file "ORKTools.exe".

2. Install the Office 2000 Resource Kit core tools, which includes the Office 2000 Custom Installation Wizard.

3. Create an administrative installation point of Office 2000 by running "setup.exe /a" from your Office 2000 media. Note the location of your administrative installation point that setup is creating.

4. Run the Custom Installation Wizard, answering all questions. When prompted, save the resulting .mst file to the location of your administrative installation point.

That is it, in a nutshell, on how to get started. There are lots of options that you will learn about when reading the resource kit and toolbox websites for Office 2000, but what I've explained above is the basics on getting started. Now, to install your new custom installation unattended...

5. Execute the following command from a command prompt or script, substituting the proper paths to your administrative installation point and custom .mst file where appropriate:

"<path to Office 2000 administration point>\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="<path to your custom .mst file created in step 4>" /qb!

Good luck!

Edited by cluberti

OK cluberti!

All run very smoothly. It installed perfect with all the options that I have selected. :thumbup

Now, how can one slipstream the SPs 1, 2 and 3 and maybe some of the specials for Word and Excel?

And also is there a way to eliminate the Outlook Icon on the Desktop?

Thanks in advance

Amitri is correct, SP1 then SP3 with Office 2000. If you go to the link amitri provided, you will be instructed on what to download, and how to install the updates as well. Like I said before, you'll have to go to the toolbox site and read to become a pro :)

I have tried this and worked OK:

For SR-1a:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data1.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP1\DATA1.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

But this two:
For SP3 Disk1:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data1.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP3\MAINSP3ff.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

For SP3 Disk2:

msiexec /a E:\Office2000\Admin\data2.msi /p E:\Office2000\SP3\SP3CD2ff.msp SHORTFILENAMES=1

The following error:

It is not possible to open this revision pack. Check that the package revision exists and you can get access to it or get into contact...

What happens?

Yes the data2.msi file is in the directory.

Disk 1 has:

Access

Excel

Frontpage

Outlook

Power Point

Word

Tools: Bar, Language, Binder, Access Snapshot Viewer, Photo Editor, Visual Keyboard

Server extensions

Disk 2:

Publisher

Tools: Draw, Word Art, Images, Fonts, etc.

Disk 3:

Photo Draw

Server extensions

Disk 4:

Photo Draw clips, pictures, templates, brushes, etc.

Edited by didadocom

Well I just have the basic Office, and got everything patched in the adminIP except Accessff.msp wouldn't.

But I do notice in the slew of files I downloaded:

O2kSp3a.exe ::

SP3CD2ff.msp

O2KSR1aDL.exe ::

data2.msp

I think you need to apply the data2.msp before the SP3CD2ff.msp ...

Not positive, but it would appear that the data2.msp is the SR1a for disk2.

Anyways if not that, then honestly I don't know.