HFSLIP missing file for install

gdkehl

Hello,

I ran into some problems when I tried to install Win 2k after slipping ie6.

I used HFSLIP 51017, have the proper files placed in the proper locations, put the new I386 folder from the SOURCESS folder in the folder containing my 2k cd and burned a bootable RW. During the install I received several errors for missing files (16) that I hit ESC to continue anyway, but got fed up and aborted the install.

Some of the missing files are: icam3.inf, pjlmon.dll, rca.sys, srgb.icm, swenum.sys, and on and on.

I placed the ie6 CABS, KB891861 V-2, and i386 from 2k cd in the correct folders. I ran the .cmd for the 2nd time and then replaced the old i386 folder with the new from SOURCESS.

All I want is ie6 slipped, nothing extra.

I messed this up, but I did follow the directions. Is it so simple that I messed this one up?

Here's a link to the directions

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=35&t=57988

Thanks,

gdk

gdkehl

Don't be upset! It happens even with the best of us :yes:

The files you specified - icam3.inf, pjlmon.dll, rca.sys, srgb.icm, swenum.sys - make me think that something wrong with DRIVER.CAB. Could you please have a look at SOURCESS folder or on you CD and tell me how big is this file (in MB)?

I'm sure your problem can be solved!

Edited by Oleg_II

That's it!

And you have not tried to use nLite or run any CMD after slipstreaming?

Please have a look at your SOURCESS one more time: is there SP4.CAB in i386 folder?

I can't help you right now (don't want to mess things up) but please be sure your problem has a very simple solution. Just wait tommyp comes with the remedy ;)

If you are in a hurry or have time to try again get an older version (for example, version from October 16 will be fine).

gdkehl - welcome aboard. please post your ERROR_REPORT.TXT file, zipped.

also, there is no need to use an older version of HFSLIP (Oleg_II, version Oct 17 is not a beta, it is a compatability fix based on Oct 16th to work with my new fileset. 99.9% is unchanged. the only change was fixing "ACCESSOR.IN_" so that HFSLIP looks for "IE.IN_" in FDVFILES.)

I ran the .cmd for the 2nd time and then replaced the old i386 folder with the new from SOURCESS.

i don't know if you mean you replaced the i386 folder in SOURCE. don't. leave SOURCE unmodified.

also, as Oleg_II points out, something appears wrong with your DRIVER.CAB. be sure to recopy it from CD. the released version of HFSLIP does nothing to this file, so something is wrong with the original file, it would seem.

Edited by fdv

Hmm... Strange :wacko:

But something prevented creating needed DRIVER.CAB?

Please open this file from SOURCESS folder - DRVINDEX.INF with Notebook and make search for missing files in the list - are these names in the list? (the names of files you were missing during setup)

One more question: could you tell me the size of free space on a disk where your HFSLIP folder resides?

Ok, I see there are people that can really help here :hello:

Edited by Oleg_II

Oleg_II, i have a strong suspicion that the file is corrupted, or gdkehl once ran nLite on the source as you note might be a possibility. if nLite has ever been run, it probably ran driver integration and merged his CABs.

ok,

I replaced the 28.1 Driver.cab that the .cmd made in the SOURCESS folder with the original 49.9MB driver.cab from the win 2k cd.

I then burned another bootable RW.

Seems everything worked out. IE6 is installed.

That should be an easy fix in the .cmd since both paths are known (what and to where).

Thanks for the help!!!

fdv, here is the zipped report. Don't look like anything wrong there. I don't use nlite, so that wasn't the problem.

Thanks again

oops forgot to attach the report

here it is. i mean it this time.

ERROR_REPORT.zip

fdv

He says no nLite and there is SP4.CAB in his folder so he didn't merged files.

I thought maybe the disk was full and just didn't copy all the files?

Let's see what he gets after the second try.