Enough frustrations...

Daemonforce

For the past week I've had nothing but problems when trying to restore the pre-SP2 bootscreen details to a SP2 installation. I can't change the bootscreen in any way other than the visible images on a SP2 screen. I can't get "Home Edition" or "Professional" to show up under it when trying to change the resource. Is there any reason behind this?

Edited by Daemonforce

I can't get "Home Edition" or "Professional" to show up under it when trying to change the resource. Is there any reason behind this?

The reason is because in SP2 that image is not displayed. You could take the image (professional) and paste it onto the regular windows bitmap. That should make ik display. (bmp1)

Ugh....Is there any way to force the kernel into loading these seperated resources into memory when booting? =/

Not sure about it, but why go through that trouble if you can just put it on the backgroundpicture....

Ugh....Is there any way to force the kernel into loading these seperated resources into memory when booting? =/

Not sure about it, but why go through that trouble if you can just put it on the backgroundpicture....

Good point. Anyway I got it. Turns out that Reshack and Resedit are two different things when saving. Reshack actually does what it's intended to while ResEdit just fux0rs the whole kernel. :unsure:

I also fixed a nasty screen flash right before the fade in.

Good point. Anyway I got it. Turns out that Reshack and Resedit are two different things when saving. Reshack actually does what it's intended to while ResEdit just fux0rs the whole kernel. :unsure:

I also fixed a nasty screen flash right before the fade in.

Glad to hear that. I also just use ResHacker.

• 1 year later...