New IE Removal Fileset

fdv

@echo Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00> logon.reg

@echo [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]>> logon.reg

@echo "DefaultUserName"="%UserName%">> logon.reg

@echo "DefaultPassword"="">> logon.reg

@echo "AutoAdminLogon"="1">> logon.reg

regedit /s logon.reg

You aren't using ForceAutoLogon so I assume you're working with XP only. In that case, replace the above with the below; it'll save you 7 bytes... :)

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultUserName /d %UserName% /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /d 1 /f

Don't forget that you could always have HFSLIP automatically parse files for you during installation. Right now, it can parse cmd, reg and inf files at t-13. You just need to craft up the files and put them into the HFSVPK folder.

One of my Italian readers, and I think a non-MSFN'er, rewrote one of his own adaptations of my defrag INF to an optional component for SYSOC. Seems such an obvious thing to do, but I never thought of it. Add/Remove Windows Components would have it -- a nice feature I think. I think it would be great for not only the DFRG.IN_, but also the winhtml.inf.

What does this do? Put the option to install or uninstall defrag in Add/Remove Windows comonents?

You aren't using ForceAutoLogon so I assume you're working with XP only. In that case, replace the above with the below; it'll save you 7 bytes...

Nope, ditched XP to come play with this. Sure going to miss those 3d buttons though. Guess there is always Window Blinds.

saugatak - yes, this is to add defragger to Add/Remove Windows Components.

crash & burn - yeah, you're right about the 99 pages thing, i think its time to start a new thread. about the autologon thing.

squeeto - i have to admit, i never noticed the scrollbars on the CMD being gone. i do miss them. anyone know why they went away <LOL> i should know but i have no idea...

okay anyone up for an hfslip holiday party? probably in northern new jersey. late december.

this should give you all notice to buy your plane tickets :D

One thing I really miss is the scrollbar on the CommandPrompt; can we get that back?

If you like the scrolls, like me, I think this will do it -

edit hivedef.inf

; Set 80x25 instead of 80x300

HKCU,"Console","ScreenBufferSize",0x00010003,19660880

saugatak - actually, although i joke a lot, this is for real :thumbup

we'll be doing this between xmas and new years, some night 26th through 30th, what is best for everyone?

three so far -- tommyp, fdv and saugatak, who else B)

(although it will probably be a low-key affair in a pub, i will admit)

squeeto - thanks, that was FAST!

p.s. to everyone 2,248 downloads of hfslip last month.

Edited by fdv

@Squeeto:

OK... Misunderstanding there.

Add this line, then:

@echo "ForceAutoLogon"="1">> logon.reg

If you don't include it, Windows 2000 will logon automatically only once.

Edited by Tomcat76

FDV

When are we going to see the release? :whistle:

Or do you have something to adjust? Could we help you?

Good idea with a party :thumbup Unfortunately I can't visit this year :( but it could become a good tradition.

hey oleg_ii, what i want to do is to optionalize defrag and mshtml INF installers.

they would be called from SYSOC and Add/Remove Windows Components would have them.

i know how to do it, i am just busy... maybe it's not as easy as i think?

anyway, after that, i'm replacing the old set with the new set, and want to thank everyone for contributing so much debugging and know-how... :thumbup

@Tomcat:

Thanks, actually it -seems- that I don't need the ForceAutoLogon (as well as DefaultPassword) as my user has admin rights and is caught by the AutoAdminLogon.

I am satisfied with the operation now, so .....

It was hinted that a thread for this would have been better. :blushing: