New IE Removal Fileset

fdv

I'd help but this is way out of my league. :wacko:

You guys probably know this already, but QuickLaunch is buried somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.

Hope that helps B)

That registry key I listed in my post, should fix/add quicklaunch - thats why I posted it. Perhaps someone that is using FDV's current set that doesn't have quicklaunch on the taskbar could just test it and verify?

Since his set doesn't have anything to do w/ removing "explorer" that should do the trick.

And it very well may be that removing IE is preventing that path from being created. Good tip Saug... And gawd could it be in a more retarded path ;)

Since it has absolutely nothing to do w/ IE whatsoever :P

So create the path, and merge that key into yer registry, and all should be well.

Edited by Crash&Burn

saugatak

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.
oops, i guess that i create the wrong path with my fileset.

i created a shortcut to the fake IE in:

%systemroot%\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. that could be one problem :D

crash&burn

thanks for the regedit.

oleg_ii

Where was the reason for that IEXPLORE.EXE error? We are not professional testers and if you want us to have some professional grouth for the future testings

the problem was that HFSLIP calls my IE.INF as one of the last steps. i added a filecopy to that IE.INF in the last test fileset, so HFSLIP would be running last tasks and all of a sudden a filecopy request would be made. the whole INF was not parsed, so the computer did not have path information. so, it would stop. when i moved the filecopy out of IE.INF, HFSLIP would run normally without the worry of a filecopy. IE.INF is really meant for registry edits, not file copying anyway. i just used another file, AXANT5.IN_, to copy the files i needed.

Edited by fdv

Latest FDV's test-set + HFSLIP_51030 (everything by default)

I still getting problems with

1) Load library (“\C:\WINNT\System32\txfaux.dllHKCR”) failed;

2) Load library (“\C:\WINNT\System32\es.dllHKCR”) failed;

3) Cannot find the file “C:\WINNT\System32\wbem, msiprov.dll”;

4) Cannot find the file “C:\WINNT\System32\apppatch, slayerui.dll”

and Search don't work :wacko:

Someone getting this problems without me? :blink:

x-pert :hello:

No such problem. Installs smoothly here.

Try to replace files in FDVFILES folder and look if there are missing files in the SOURCESS.

After all fixes even Volume Control installs :)

FDV

Help system doesn't work with the last beta (can't open CHM files even after running WINHTML.INF from CD). I changed IE.INF from the last release and included OS2/POSIX/Direct Animation lines in it. There are only a few differences between files now. Will try to locate which line causes the problem.

I also change the line in AXANT5.IN_ that copies shortcut to 53 (User Profile),Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch - works for copying but no Quick Launch :(

One question: if I like to add Paint to the Start Menu I can just add it to SHELL.INF, right?

Crash&Burn

Unfortunately enabling QL regestry tweak also didn't worked for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong :wacko:

Edited by Oleg_II

Oleg...

If you right click on your taskbar, There is a Menu: "ToolBars" Is QuickLaunch listed there?

w/ IE Installed, my Toolbars ->

Address

Links

Desktop

Quicklaunch

--------------

New Toolbar

New Toolbar, can easily replace Quick Launch, dump a bunch of shortcuts into some folder, choose New Toolbar, select that folder, and it will show up on the taskbar (can also be separated from the taskbar and be floating, or docked).

If you don't have any of those options under the toolbar menu, then it is possibly IE related, though I don't get why...unless it has to do w/ Active Desktop -- which I believe *IS* IE related.

Edited by Crash&Burn

Crash&Burn

Unfortunatelly all choices in Toolbars are greyed on my computer :(

There are 3 possibilities:

1. I'm doing something wrong.

2. There should be some more regestry keys involved (or maybe even some files).

3. It's really IE dependant.

Waiting the thoughts from FDV :rolleyes:

Edited by Oleg_II

Crash&Burn - made the directory correctly this time, added that RegEdit, still no QuickLaunch.

This is a freeware substitute but I really want the Deskview script back and working. I bet that's right about Active Desktop... when I right click on my toolbar, I get NO options at ALL! have not yet tried tips at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=273785

Oleg_II - adding icons via SHELL, yes. if you do this send me the info I'll incorporate it.

As for the Help System, that's weird... let me know what line in IE.INF is a problem. I bet it's one of the IE keys I delete or something.

x-pert - i will reread posts to try to determine what is going on but what makes this odd is that no one else has this problem, even with other languages! let me ask you this if you are willing to give it a try.

1. Delete the i386 directory from SOURCESS

2. Copy your SOURCES i386 directory to SOURCESS (now you have a totally unmodified i386 dir here)

3. Drag and drop my test fileset files into i386. If Windows asks if you want to replace anything, say yes.

4. Make an ISO.

in other words, just take an unmodified i386 directory and put my files into it and make a new ISO. we are totally bypassing HFSLIP for purposes of finding this bug.

FDV

(who is up to his ears in work and has not read his personal email in days)

Edited by fdv

When right clicking on my taskbar, FileMon reports that the following file is accessed:

C:\WINNT\system32\browselc.dll
When enabling toolbars: Address, DeskTop, & Quicklaunch no additional dll's are accessed.

When enabling "Links", C:\WINNT\system32\url.dll, is accessed.

Do ya'll have browselc.dll??

Hi guys i've been playing quietly for a while, think i can contribute something.

Help system doesn't work with the last beta

i figured this one out check if itss.dll is in your c:\winnt\system32 and if its there run regsvr32 itss.dll and then chm files should work you may have to associate chm files with hh.exe in the system32 dir too.

worked for me.... can't fathom the quick launch issue yet still messing will report back when i've figured it out.

one question for you guys i've a few wmv files that i can't get to play i've installed all manner of windows codecs without success, any suggestions.

Cheers

Ian

tioaboa :hello:

Unfortunatelly WINHTML.INF installs this file also but CMH still can't be open. Just ran a usuall install without any alterations and tweaking and then ran WINHTML.INF - didn't help.

FDV

Some of the browser related lines in TXTSETUP.SIF probably the reason for this. I deleted the whole section and it solved my problem with one program that needs Help System, but CHM still can't be open.

Well, it appeared that I only needed MSHTML.DLL and MSHTML.TLB for that program (and remove some line in IE.INF also). Interesting thing: I need both before registering DLL, but after it I can delete the second.

Help System still doesn't work (opens HLP files but fails on CHM).

Crash&Burn

This file is in my system32 - browselc.dll. Right clicking on toolbar doesn't give any options but right clicking on tray gives and they are greyed. Something else is needed. Looking for...

tioaboa

About wmv files. Maybe better to ask in Codecs thread or in a new thread? I had a problem with openning some wmv files with my player before and it was solved when I added a new DLL from DX9 - msdmo.dll. Are you slipstreaming DX? And I found one more DLL is usefull for playing video files - it's wmvdmod.dll from Media Player Codecs v10. But I'm using a bit more alternative player ;)

One more: were these wmv playable before? Some of these files may need licence for playing and can't be opened in a usuall way ;)

Edited by Oleg_II

FDV

I tested with unmodified i386 + test-set and get no errors. :hello:

When I tested with test-set + HFSLIP_51017 and again I get: LoadLibrary("\C:\WINNT\system32\txfaux.dllHKCR") failed - The

specified module could not be found.

LoadLibrary("\C:\WINNT\system32\es.dllHKCR") failed - The

specified module could not be found.

Cannot find the file 'C:\WINNT\system32\wbem,msiprov.dll' (or one

of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct

and that all required libraries are available.

Cannot find the file 'C:\WINNT\apppatch,slayerui.dll' (or one of its

components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and

that all required libraries are available.

One crazy idea - maybe this problem only on PC with AMD CPU? :blink: