New IE Removal Fileset

fdv

tommyp

I also tried not to drop SYSOC.IN_ but HFSLIP with CABed version and it worked ;)

And the point is SYSOC.IN_ when is not really CABed - not really copied to the SOURCESS.

Unfortunatelly I can't check if all HFSLIP INFs are runing but something is running for sure - I see a quick black cmd window with something like "Updating..."

x-pert :hello:

Thanx! Can you run hfnetchk.exe and attache ERROR_REPORT.TXT?

Edited by Oleg_II

You need to see this line in the Components section of your sysoc.inf file (or sysoc.in_ file) after running HFSLIP. Otherwise INF aren't getting run.

WinUpdate=Ocgen.dll,OcEntry,HFSLIPWU.INF,HIDE,7

Very interesting! And confusing :blushing:

I opened SYSOC.IN_ after HFSLIP. And it's some crap ended with:

[Components]
WinUpdate=Ocgen.dll,OcEntry,HFSLIPWU.INF,HIDE,7

:wacko:

It means I don't even install all other components that were not commented by FDV and HFSLIP is MAYBE still running! And Windows is still working!

Some components are not installed then. And maybe there is a reason why I can't found Volume Control!

tommyp

It means you rename SYSOC.IN_ , not unCAB and then CAB it.

Have to try it with not CABed SYSOC.IN_ B)

Edited by Oleg_II

If you are working with FDV's set only, HFSLIP is expecting a sysoc.in_ file that is uncompressed. HFSLIP does it's magic, alters the sysoc file and when HFSLIP is complete, it cabs the file and puts it into the sourcess\i386 folder. If you place a CAB'd sysoc.inf file in the FDVFILES folder, HFSLIP will burp and not know what to do with it.

TommyP

Got it :yes:

But installations work! I'm now trying one more thing ;)

And one more questions: does HFSLIP also work with other FDV's files?

FDV

There are only a few components left uncommented in SYSOC.INF, what are they for and what happen if we run witout them?

[Components]

NtComponents=ntoc.dll,NtOcSetupProc,,4

Display=desk.cpl,DisplayOcSetupProc,,6

MultiM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,multimed.inf,,7

I already know multimed.inf :)

Aha! Found some:

netoc.inf - Management and Monitoring Tools. Includes tools for monitoring and improving network performance.

msmqocm.inf - Message Queuing provides loosely-coupled and reliable network communication services.

Edited by Oleg_II

TommyP

Thanx! So only one file that is CABed/unCABed.

Well, the IEXPLORE.EXe and IE icon is somehow connected to it anyway. Experimenting B)

x-pert

Well, I was wrong - the file in the SOURCESS should be CABed. Or you are not updated in fact :(

When you installed with the error, did you have Volume Control?

OK. SYSOC.IN_ in SOURCESS is CABed and with "WinUpdate=Ocgen.dll,OcEntry,HFSLIPWU.INF,HIDE,7".

Oleg_II

I added Volume Control from Win. Comp., but still getting "Cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because volume control has not been installed". :angry:

FDV

By default test-set must to remove Paint & Calc ?

Instead of removing Paint & Calc, let's leave in . . . unless someone has good suggestion for replacement of Paint & Calc.

They both kind of suck. Any ideas for good freeware replacements. Cool to have spanking new OS with good utilities in there.

x-pert

Paint and Calc are still there. Just don't have shortcuts in Menu.

saugatak

I'd be interested in it too. By now I think XaraX is the best choice for graphics. It's not free but worth it :thumbup

When SYSOC.IN_ was without "WinUpdate=Ocgen.dll,OcEntry,HFSLIPWU.INF,HIDE,7" I don't get eny errors. Now, when SYSOC.IN_ is OK (witht "WinUpdate=Ocgen.dll,OcEntry,HFSLIPWU.INF,HIDE,7") I get stupid errors again :realmad: It seems what only I got this problem :(

x-pert

Hey! You are not alone! I have the same problem too.

Well, it seems the problem is somewhere else - I commented all entries in SYSOC.INF but the error is still here.

Looking for it ;)

Maybe FDV already found the problem and will soon appear with the remedy :rolleyes: