Outlook Express - Links in emails don't work...

davidwp

:blushing: It is embarrassing to admit but when I click on the hyperlink in any email, I just get a two note sound and the link doesn't open. I am not an email expert so I don't know what else to try.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David

Cyberduffer

Is it possible, that some other dialog box of Outlook is open at the same time? To check this try to press Alt+Esc.

If this isn't the reason, is this problem eventually limited to mails of a certain format (Rich Text, Plain Text or HTML)?

Is your Web browser working OK otherwise? Can you open links from other applications, like MS Word?

Is it possible, that some other dialog box of Outlook is open at the same time? To check this try to press Alt+Esc.

If this isn't the reason, is this problem eventually limited to mails of a certain format (Rich Text, Plain Text or HTML)?

Is your Web browser working OK otherwise? Can you open links from other applications, like MS Word?

ziegel,

Thanks very much for your reply.

1. I tested and no other dialog boxes are open. (I am using Outlook Express, not Outlook.)

2. All emails are affected. I don't know how to tell the difference between Rich Text, Plain Text or HTML.

3. I can open links in all the other applications.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

make sure your security level is good... go to extra=>options=>security=>settings for automatic downloading..... make sure that all is selected inside that one :)

attached a dutch screenshot.

Martin,

Appreciate the reply.

I am using Outlook Express, not Outlook. I don't have an "extra" menu item. I did look at tools=>options=>security=>Download Images. The "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail" in Outlook is just a "check" or "uncheck" option. It was checked so I unchecked it and rebooted. No effect, I still can't get a link in Outlook e-mail to work.

Any other ideas?

Regards,