Unattended Nero 7 Premium

I believe I read somewhere that one could remove the nero scout icon from My puter with a regtweak, but I cant find where I read it. Any idea?

I didn't find where I got it from, but I found my text file with the following entry:

regsvr32 /u /s "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

I didn't test it yet, but I hope that's what you were searching for...

Greetings!

I believe I read somewhere that one could remove the nero scout icon from My puter with a regtweak, but I cant find where I read it. Any idea?

I wrote it in the guide. It is

regsvr32 /u /s "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

as C.RAZY said, and it works! It deletes the Nero Scout icon. I just wrote that it is installed, because you can't exclude it. But after setup, I run a batchfile which deletes it. :)

Nice! Very good.

Now any idea how plug-ins such as MP3 PRO, advanced audio plugin, multichannel plugin and DVD-video plugin and so forth could be registered?

Also, how could the Nero folder be stripped, my dir is over 500mb! I only want and install 1 language. (NOR).

Edited by BoardBabe

why use nero7 now? it has a lot of bugs..many many more than nero6

I did not see any bugs in the apps I use. And it has got better design. Only thing is the size. 550 MB installation is too big. :angry:

try changing file priority for a selection of several files at once and observe the file name change...

and yes... how in the HELL can a buring app consume more space than windows os?!

try changing file priority for a selection of several files at once and observe the file name change...

and yes... how in the HELL can a buring app consume more space than windows os?!

Ok, my installed Nero apps take about 70MB on my HD. I can imagine, that we can shrink many of the cab files. :) but I don't know which ones and if the installer checks for all cabs.

I just started my experimenting around with Nero 7 last night so I don't have everything figured out yet, but so far I found that you can strip out a lot of stuff using InstallShield AdminStudio. Then when you make a AIP, all the stripped out stuff is gone. It doesn't save nearly the amount of space I had thought that it would, but it did save some.

I was able to yank out all the languages I don't use and all of the Windows 9x support files. In the end though I think the best way may end up being a complete repack using the old two step snapshot. This is how I had always done it with Nero 6, and with great success.

I notic that it also does not create any start menu shortcuts

Pls check the version of yourSetupX.exe. Has it got version 1.0.0.2? Because 1.0.0.2 is from beta status. 1.0.0.3 is the final version. But also with this version on my PC the startmenu shortcut for CoverDesigner is not created correctly.

• 8 months later...