USP versions

Gurgelmeyer

the msfn board have been down and - i havent seen G online for ages :S

mind i tell all of you who are desparate to include dx9 and NET into your os, that in the intergrate software section of the Nlite forums are good and up to date switchless installeres ( id recoment decabbing them, and putting the exe files in c:\install and run them grom the [GuiRunOnce] section in the winnt.sif file. (witch is running better than the hlfslip.inf files ...

just only untill /G is able to release a better working SP build for them...

• 1 month later...

One thing dandy to add for a service pack is the vc6 run-time files. This is one or two files (since most of them are already there). The vc6redist program (which places them in Win98/NT), does not work under 2k, and the files are already present under Windows xp.

W

Those 2 files, of wich one is gdiplus (if im not mistaking), should also be distributed by dotNET 1.1 - (will get included in next release),

but if im wrong here, please give us the mames of the files that you think nead to be included...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where to download the new 5.0 Release ? It says "uploaded" but I can't find any download...

the current version is 5.1, you can download it through major-geeks.com or softpedia.com

Useless posts are not what I asked for. Maybe you should read the first post of this topic before spamming nonsense.

very2 arogant, i just want to say the current version is 5.1 cause i really didn't know what are really you looking for (if people asking about where to download sp pack 2 for windows 2000, other people maybe suggest to download sp pack 4 or maybe usp 5.1 cause it newer version and it's not wrong isn't?)

think again before you blame somebody

Edited by Dels

• 4 months later...
Contents of USP...

X:\2KBootCD\USP50SR1\support\tools\support.cab - 10,373 KB

X:\2KBootCD\USP50SR1\support\tools\dtc\support.cab - 11,360 KB

Any reason for this duplication ? The contents of which are nearly 99% the same.

The i386/svcpack folder would possibly be useful if it actually listed the KB######.cat's - as is the USP doesn't even list what hotfixes it contains.

Could also seriously cut down on the size if it was diff'd against SP4, and only contain what isn't already in SP4.

Here is a freeware tool that should identify some hotfixes on a system running Windows 2000 with USP 5.x. My orignal question was roughly "Does this util detect hotfixes included in usp 5.x." Since then, I have confirmed through testign that the answer is no. It does not detect hotfixes included in service packs including Gurglemeyer's USP 5.x, but does report hotfixes intigrated using hfslip. It may even include hotfixes included using nLite. Because it's good to slipstreaming an unofficial service pack because adding hotfixes (hflsip or nLite), this is very useful in determining which hotfixes you have installed when you are disconnected from the interent.

Gurglemeyer, thank you for USP 5.1 and for everything. I hope you are feeling better, I know you have been sick for a while.

WinUpdatesList v1.13

Copyright © 2004 - 2006 Nir Sofer

Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net

Description

===========

WinUpdatesList displays the list of all Windows updates (Service Packs

and Hotfixes) installed on your local computer. For hotfix updates, this

utility also displays the list of files updated with these hotfixes.

SirBrainChild

Edited by SirBrainChild

• 1 year later...