USP versions

Gurgelmeyer

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated. Now, there's no such thing as "impossible" :lol: - but I'll look into this later on. sfcfiles.dll has some interesting undocumented entry points, and the MS .cat's also have some interesting undocumented attributes, which Setup uses to determine stuff. And - let's not forget - NT5 does to some extent support load-time executable patching - although this is undocumented too.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

Needless to say, I eagerly anticipate your results :)

Version 5.1 Standard Edition - will contain all of the above + NETFX11 + DX9 + MDAC27SP1 refresh (and all hotfixes for those of course) ...

I hope you include both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, note that .NET 2.0 is NOT backward compatible with .NET 1.1.

Also, I hope you include d3dx9_24.dll, d3dx9_25.dll, d3dx9_26.dll, and d3dx9_27.dll. These 4 DLL's are installed by the five most recent bimonthly releases of the DX 9.0c SDK redistributable. Essentially, you need to run at least four of these DX redistributables to be able to get all 4 DLL's and be able to run all DX 9.0 apps. There may be other legal ways of distributing the 4 DLL's that allow you to package them more compactly. See here for more details on this issue:

http://inky.50megs.com/blogs/2005/10/direc...l-revisited.htm

http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What was said about .NET is correct - both 1.1 and 2.0 are needed as they work in parallel as opposed to overlapping. The latest DirectX December 2005 Redistributable can be found here - http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html - and it contains all of the new DLLs 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28.

The correct version of MDAC is MDAC 2.8 SP1 which can be found here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

The newest available full version of Windows Media Player 9 is 2980. However, version 3250 can be obtained by adding the hotfix KB885492 after installing MPSetup.exe, which is preferred.

Edited by slippykillsticks

If you ever need any help, I'm pretty sure everyone here would be glad to lend you a hand. :D If there is anything we can do, just let us know. I realize you're currently having some difficulty finding suitable hosting.

Actually - if someone made a 2k driver pack it would be nice :whistle:

Thread here for anyone who wants to try the beta (still hoping for some feedback, btw, and screenshots are always good :hello: ). I can't speak for inclusion in Hotstream, though...

Bill: I'll try and give it a go over the next few days, if I'm not too busy.

@wildbill

Well I must say, it looks rather nice! :yes:

ALMOST enough to tempt me into the skinning thing. Once the skinning fans discover what you

have done, I am sure they will beat a path to your files-door.

Just not for me. But if you have time on your programming hands...

XP things I would like to see in W2k... (function, not nes. xp parts) :w00t:

Unified regedit-regedt32

Restore of previous folders at logon.

File version info on 'float over'

Edited by Electrician

Actually - if someone made a 2k driver pack it would be nice :whistle:

I could help you with the Intel portion. Using how-to advice from this site, I added Intel mobo support

by putting the compressed form of the INF and Cat files in my souce i386 (about two month ago).

Have been using the $oem$ folder for the rest (LAN/VID/AUD) but - again -

Using advice from msfn, have put all that into an INTEL.cab (driver pack) along with the cats (meow).

Mind this has not been tested except with one intel mobo - but has a lot of stuff in it.

I use the same system for testing builds, but since that and the Dells we use all are Intel based.....

When I get back from my 3-day, I will verify it has the latest parts and post it here.

ed 1/17/06, 1/18/06

Guess not - 11.6 MB zipped Tried RapidUpload.com Six atempts later still not working! DRAT!

ed 1/22/06

:thumbup Persistance wins. Download here: http://www12.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=3893

Edited by Electrician

@gurgelmeyer

So, if the "haltcpu"/"overheat" bug is fixed by adding a reg entry to have W2k

NOT treat an HT P4 like two cpu's, and I see that reg is placed after using USP5.1

THEN it would be emplied that the latest ver of the hal is being used. Correct? :}

So WHY does M$ update and Windows update sites think it needs the urp? :wacko:

Not complaining, mind you. I can live with it. Just curious.

ed 1/20/06

DOH! :blushing: You already mentioned this in another post. But did you included the new filter driver

(but not register it) in the USP 5.1 build? How do I check if it is there, and (un)registered?

Edited by Electrician