USP versions

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer,

I have found the modified version of explorer.exe. It is attached as a file ready to go on a cd. You will need to run expand explorer.ex_ explorer.exe to make it a regular version. Please download with care. It is the same version as the one included with the USP50.

the_guy

explorer.zip

@the_guy @Targaff - Looks like both of you patched this file succesfully :)

@Crash&Burn - I totally agree, and this is really a "must have" for the Extreme Edition (the standard 16 color tray icons are not exactly a feast for the eye :lol:)

Thanks, guys! :thumbup

/G

probebly because it is installed with an MS sp- installer.

yet still it probebly stil needs to check agains a md5 checksum?

so my question: where is the checksum hosted???

on the MS-update site, or in a local inf file on your cdrom.

(in the later case) just editing the file would be enought (als long as MS wont update the file with a newer version - wicht, seams probebly rather unlikly since win2k aint in mainstream anymore.....

Edited by -I-

Hi :)

I'm in and out of hospitals these days (I'm not well at all), which is why I haven't been able to sign in here as often as I want to. To make things even worse, the CPU fan on my computer just broke, so I cant keep it on for work for more than 10 minutes or so (sigh!). I'll get a new (used) one tomorrow!!

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated. Now, there's no such thing as "impossible" :lol: - but I'll look into this later on. sfcfiles.dll has some interesting undocumented entry points, and the MS .cat's also have some interesting undocumented attributes, which Setup uses to determine stuff. And - let's not forget - NT5 does to some extent support load-time executable patching - although this is undocumented too.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

I'm in and out of hospitals these days (I'm not well at all)
Well stop being sick, you ........[my mom doesn't like these kinds of words so ive put a bigg BLEEP in this message instead.]....... cuze im waiting my a** OFF ;)

... (ow BTW i got my hand on windows 2k server / advanced server versions, to test this SP on)....

But realy i wish you, a **** quick recovery now, (and that goes for ur computer as well )...

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated

So whats wrong with using MODPE ... or am i completely beside the point now??????

Edited by -I-