Winzip Start Menu, Taskbar Tray, Desktop Icons

Is there a way, a registry tweak to not install the Start menu, Taskbar tray and Desktop links of WinZip 9.0, because it is impossible to delete them with a *.cmd

why not use WinRAR instead? and anyway, it's not impossible:

====CALL THIS AFTER THE FINISHED INSTALLATION OF WINZIP====

cmdow @ /hid

@echo off

del /s/q "%userprofile%\desktop\winzip 9.0.lnk"

del /s/q "%allusersprofile%\desktop\winzip 9.0.lnk"

del /s/q "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Winzip 9.0.lnk"

del /s/q "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Winzip 9.0.lnk"

rmdir /s/q "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Winzip 9.0"

rmdir /s/q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Winzip 9.0"

exit

=====================END=======================

I don't know what the exact locations for winzip 9.0 are, or what the exact shortcuts are called, but that's the general idea... replace winzip 9.0.lnk with whatever the real shortcut name is... and change the directory entry to match whatever it really is... if you don't want the little winzip icon showing up on startup, remove it's registry entry:

====CALL THIS AFTER THE FINISHED INSTALLATION OF WINZIP====

cmdow @ /hid

@echo off

pskill winziptray.exe

REG DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ /v "Winzip Tray Icon" /f

REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ /v "Winzip Tray Icon" /f

exit

=====================END=======================

again that's not the exact script, but that's the general idea... winziptray.exe is defenitely not the right thing, and i don't think it's aclled "winzip tray icon" in the registry... but I stopped using WinZIP like 3 years ago hehe... good luck to you, and I hope you get it to do what you want it to do! Cheers - TruRomeo4Juliet