STATIC WAN IP'S

Gekko_uk

Hi,

I have "purchased" 5 static IP's from my isp (BT).

I have a draytech Router, which I have tried puting the supplied details into, but alas no joy.

I can get it to connect, but I am going round and round in circles, and I dnt find BT's "FAQ" helpful.

I am unsure as to the correct method for setting this up.

Bt Supplied the following details:

Router:XXXXXXXXX@HG26.btclick.com

IPADDRESSES XXX.XX.XX.XXX to XXX.XX.XX.XXX

Subnet Mask: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Router lan Port XXX.XX.XX.XXX - this is one above the last Ip address ie XXX.XX.XX.XX2( router lan port is etc.XX3)

I ran router config, I specified Static IP, I put in one of the addresses from the range above, the subnet mask I entered as supplied by bt, and under Gateway I put the Router Lan port address, ie one given by bt.

But after this goes in, router connects one thing I dont understand is GW IP Addr Vs PPPoA/IP.

When I have the above settings in, the GW IP ADDR (what ever that is) is the Router Lan port address supplied by BT, and the PPPoA/IP is the one I enter when asked what IP my ISP has given me.

My server, (WIN2k3SBE) carrys out DNS, I have Re-run the Internet config wizard, puting in the new DNS that is issued, but still no Internet access on network.

I am forced to clear the settings, and choose Dynamic again, and then everything works, I am assigned an address, sometimes in similar style to static one, other times completely different, eg 82.xxx.xxx.xxx V's 218.XXX.XXX.XXX.

I am in desperate need of someones help with this.

The exact router is Vigor2600 plus.

Which works fine other than this.

Many Thanks

Gekko