A64 tweaker help

dcyphure

it all based on your memory. every memory is different

basically you change each number, one @ a time, testing between each time, until, you find something with the best performance, then you make sure its stable with prime95 all night

it all based on your memory. every memory is different

basically you change each number, one @ a time, testing between each time, until, you find something with the best performance, then you make sure its stable with prime95 all night

i have corsair xms dual channel

theres 24 settings....benchmarking configurations is like trying to crack a lock with 24 digits..isnt there any help tutorials out there so i know which ones i should most likely adjust?

And also what stock timings and clock speeds everything is running on.

A64 4000+ sa

epox nforce 3 mobo (stock high performance settings, timings are tight i believe 2,2,2,5 but everything is set to auto in 2T mode whatever that is

1gb dual ch. corsair xms ddr 400

raid 0 raptors

6800gt

i googled corsair xms a64 memory settings and mostly came up with corsair info on vairous ram and forum threads but didnt see much as far as optimal settings or what each one means

Ah, nice to see a fellow San Diego CPU around here. I have the same core and RAM, so give this settings a shot:

a646hn.jpg

If it won't boot up to Windows, loosen the timings to 3-3-3-8 and that should work. Of all the settings I've played with, this is the best results I've gotten. Also bump up the Memory voltage by 0.1 if you can.

Edited by Thai3g_Eclipse

lol, i tried adjusting some of the settings blindly and my whole pc froze up.

this mobo makes it impossible to overclock even with low ram timings, i think its cause of all the other ram settings i didnt have with my old p4 pc, best i ever get is a 5mhz increase then it lockups, voltages or no other settings matter so i think its the ram settings or this mobo just sucks

I was afraid of that. My old MSI did the exact same thing -- it will froze up on me if I try modifying the timings with A64Tweaker. After I got this Abit motherboard I had no problems whatsoever. In this case, I'm betting that your motherboard is not allowing you to edit the BIOS settings within Windows. Write down the settings, reboot, and try it within the BIOS itself.