Windows security warning?!

hakeem5454

well then it makes no sence why windows would block it.

try disabling windows firewall/security center to open it.

can anti-virus programs detect .jpg virus' now?

Edited by gdogg

It happens to me too. Any file. mp3, jpg, gif, and from any user. Microsoft has been getting on my nerves lately. Maybe it is because of any hotfix. I read one has a problem with different softwares. I just pdated my PC from their website and since then it has happened. There is no virus cuz i tried sending it from ym Laptop to PC too. Same error message.

Just turn off the security nanny then! I mean you are all grown up so I am sure you know what is safe and what is not! Turn off the firewall and the security center and so on so forth. You save some resources as well. And if you are behind a router you are quite safe.

MSN has this thing where it blocks "potentially harmful" extensions. Files that *might* contain viruses. There's a patch for MSN Messenger that lets you remove dozens of unwanted parts of the GUI and change settings you normally can't do within the provided options. There's a Mess Patch (www.mess.be) and A-Patch (google it). It removes/changes the code in the MSN Messenger EXE, then remakes it, makes a backup of the original and asks you if you'd like to launch your new customized MSN. Cheers. :hello: