win2k hotstream - topic continued

prathapml

Hi :)

Yes, that would be the right way to do it ;)

But the more I think about it, the less I feel like adding XP stuff to the EE. Mostly because adding such components should be a different project entirely (not necessarily done by me).

And honestly, all I ever wanted myself was to fix the bugs - but adding IE6 and other optional components has turned out to be great fun. For now I'll stick with the W2K components - those require plenty of work anyway :lol:

You guys might remember that I mentioned an "integrate-only" version of the upcoming USP 5.1 - but I couldn't help myself, so I've done the install/uninstall part too now. USP 5.1 RC1 is done except for three registry values or so. Also I have added all applicable security fixes and even more hotfixes - and there will be a USP 5.0 SR2 too.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

Gurgle, I stand corrected, you are absolutely right.

its probebly not worth it anyways. (most of the tweaks could easely be done by a .batch file and in total would probebly not take even as much af 5mb on your cdrom,

There aren't that many files that would work this way, anyways

so i guess a howto guide with a plain texteditor and some free time on hands would be way better starting point.

• 3 weeks later...

For Janis:

Janis Wrote:

Hello!

My name is Janis but in English it could sound John.

And I'm from in to EU country Latvia.

I'm happy to see w2k SP5. I just made w2k unattended CD with some software because I'm bored all that time reinstall user's workstations.

I do not have active directory and I do not use RIS and bla, bla MS sh..., because I prefer SAMBA PD C and open source software. But standard users is very hard force use Linux.

I'm wondering maybe it could be good idea include in to your SP5

form http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Why? For example I made some of software with .msi or .exe file /s /silent e.t.c

After the unattended installation runs may cmd script it get stupid notice that some of the silent key what I use not supported.

After I integrate v3.1 installer all scripts runs ok.

Are you going to make something for windows XP? Did you heard something about SUS?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

USP 5.1 due out soon. Due to heath problems the work is not going as fast as antipated. Please be patient.

Trying hard to be patient. I've slipstreamed USP5.0 SR1 and it's great. But I removed OE and WMP with nLite, and ic.exe puts OE back in again. And because ic is a package, I can't remove it with Add/Remove Programs.

I'm hoping that when 5.1 comes out, I'll be able to remove OE while slipstreaming it with nLite.

Hoping you're feeling better, Gurgelmeyer, and not just for 5.1. All your hard work has made a difference for thousands of us out here.

Edited by DanceMan

I'm hoping that when 5.1 comes out, I'll be able to remove OE while slipstreaming it with nLite.
dont worry it will work..because IE and OE will than be slipstreamed,

instead of installed as hotfix afterward, - so nline will be able to remove it as usual. just hang on for a bit longer.

I'm wondering maybe it could be good idea include in to your SP5 <link to MS installer 3.1>

im not sure about it but, as i believe Windows Installer 3.1 was already planned for the 5.1 release.

Edited by -I-

Hello everyone :)

Well - I'm back - although my PC is overheated it does seem to run (and I do keep backups!). I'll have to go back to the hospital later this month, but for know I'm just fine :)

Today is exactly ONE YEAR ago that I started looking into W2K hotfixes - so what better way to celebrate than to release USP 5.1 Basic Edition...? I intend to upload the final version later this week, because it's actually done now. And what's in it? MSI 3.1 v2, BITS 2.0, IE 6.0 SP1, OE 6.0 SP1, WAB 6.0 SP1, ALL critical updates from WU, all updates and fixes (including some non-publicly available) for IE6/OE6, and even more non-publicly available hotfixes for W2K than USP 5.0 SR1. With USP 5.1 installed MSURP1 will no longer show up on WU.

I might sqeeze in a USP 5.0 SR2 release just before xmas too with all the new hotfixes and security updates for W2K and IE501/OE55.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

(PS - my messenger is full - sorry if I can't answer everyone right away - but I'll try)

love to get my hands on im realy up for it,

going to give full atention to:

> Windows 200 Profesional

> Windows 2000 Server

> Windows 2000 Advanced Server

If all goes well, (and I do have some realy good expactations),

I'll post about it on this, and probely most of the other websites as well.

Anyone who is willing, and has the 'right' skills, is more than welcome to review and test the 5.1 version,

If indead its a GO I will advice 'corporate users' to start testion compatibility with thair systems, so it may even become stable enougth for 'corporate use'

Edited by -I-

Hello everyone :)

Well - I'm back - although my PC is overheated it does seem to run (and I do keep backups!). I'll have to go back to the hospital later this month, but for know I'm just fine :)

Today is exactly ONE YEAR ago that I started looking into W2K hotfixes - so what better way to celebrate than to release USP 5.1 Basic Edition...? I intend to upload the final version later this week, because it's actually done now. And what's in it? MSI 3.1 v2, BITS 2.0, IE 6.0 SP1, OE 6.0 SP1, WAB 6.0 SP1, ALL critical updates from WU, all updates and fixes (including some non-publicly available) for IE6/OE6, and even more non-publicly available hotfixes for W2K than USP 5.0 SR1. With USP 5.1 installed MSURP1 will no longer show up on WU.

I might sqeeze in a USP 5.0 SR2 release just before xmas too with all the new hotfixes and security updates for W2K and IE501/OE55.

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer B)

(PS - my messenger is full - sorry if I can't answer everyone right away - but I'll try)

Great news! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Unofficial SP5.1 has arrived. Softpedia link:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...icial-SP5.shtml

Thanx Gurgelmeyer and everybody who helped on this project.

Thanx for providing a direct link

Thanx to the one how made this pack

I have two questions

Was this pack made so that it can be included on the W2K CD?

If the answer is no, Do I have to have sp4 installed to update to this pack?

thanx

Edited by Dafer