win2k hotstream - topic continued

prathapml

How about FileFront or something similar? I'm not too familiar with download sites, so somebody can probably think of something better.

I'd like to stay away from sites like MegaUpload, youshareit, etc. Something as honest as the work you've done would deserves a better hosting because it become lost among terabytes of warez and pr0n at one of those types of sites.

Maybe xper can make Gurgel mod of his forum? And to solve the download server problem, you can try allowing only SP4 cd's and then creating a patch for those files. Or you can use Binary Delta Compression (search MS for it), the technology that MS uses for their express installs.

Here's a question for gurglemeyer

what about Future updates, the thing is, its a 220Mebs download,

but also a 220megs upload (for those who share it).

Im willing to share the file with 20users a month ( about 4GB of files).

So now im asking, is it posible to make it so that IF any changes should be made, to NOT repack the whole fill but just make a small fix for it to insert after the main USP file...

bandwidth cost a awfull lot a money, so i guess we all whant it to be wel-spend.

Take care and, - if anyone gets the torrent thingy up. let me know...

The thing that makes torrents great is that it lessens the burden of bandwidth to the server by forcing every downloader/leecher to share/upload some of the parts making data transfer efficient. That's why I also suggest using torrents.

Also, by using bittorrent, users (like -I-) can easily share the bandwidth by being like a server for the files (I think the technical term here is seeding). Users can also track how much they have downloaded and uploaded so they can know if they have exceeded their bandwidth usage, etc.

Anyway, I'm reallly looking forward to USP 5.1 getting released ASAP.

Right now I'm looking for a place to upload USP 5.0 SR-1 ---- anyone?

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer B)

Maybe on Softpedia ?

Edit: Actually they just sent me an e-mail in which they said they want to add the USP5 to their downloads, but they can't find a link from where to download it. Gurgelmeyer, please contact them on the feedback page http://www.softpedia.com/user/feedback.shtml , maybe you can work something out with them

Edited by Alexander Maxim

war59312

Get the torrent up, n running n please let some seeders get hold of the file..

so we can start sharin it..

YAY for Gurglemeyer, ITS TIME TO Share.

UPDATE going to seed full 9days and 8.5gigabytes in total

just recieved note a error caused my isp to screw upt some stuf and they gave me `1month 10gb extra datalimit. -

Edited by -I-