Solution for multibooting Win XP/2k3 64-Bit, Win2k3 SP1, WinPE 2004

geitonaki

again, your solution work great. i also found that the 'XP64' and 'PRO64' are not necessary. Just take the boot folder ($WIN_NT$.~BT) and rename it to something else (i did mine to XP64) and then edit the setupldr.bin file & replace all instances of "I386" with "XP64", then edit the boot image to show XP64 instead of i386. this is a way to have 1 less folder in your root. i have the x64 boot folder if anyone needs it.

again, your solution work great. i also found that the 'XP64' and 'PRO64' are not necessary. Just take the boot folder ($WIN_NT$.~BT) and rename it to something else (i did mine to XP64) and then edit the setupldr.bin file & replace all instances of "I386" with "XP64", then edit the boot image to show XP64 instead of i386. this is a way to have 1 less folder in your root. i have the x64 boot folder if anyone needs it.

How do you edit setupldr.bin in that case? Are you only replacing instances of I386?

OK, First I would like to say THANK YOU!!! I am now finally able to use my 2K3 Server (ENT/STD/WEB) SP1.

The only problem is that I can’t get my “Unattended” install file to work with any of my windows installs. I used the XP distro install tools (too make winnt.sif files). It worked before, but after I used the boot folder creation tool (thanks Alanoll) it won’t work.

Please someone help.

I'm not trying to be rude, i just want people to think first, before they respond.

If someone were to say, i don't know, ask for help saying the the unattended setup worked before they used the nifty program fo fix the server sp1 issue..... I think they would be inteligent enough to have copied the winnt.sif file where it is needed to make windows use it.

P.S. I still need help with my unattended part.

well i am going to assume that was aimed at me... i am not sure exactly how his batch files work, but when getting the boot folders the 'old fashion' way, the winnt.sif is modified and no longer contains the same info as the one in the i386 folder, which would make it not work. if you have the exact same winnt.sif file in both the boot folder and the i386 folder, then i dont know what to tell you besides to double check by opening the files and making sure the content is what you made. you could also try using nlite to generate the file.

well, follow flyakites guide (http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/) and then edit the files as necessary. the steps are about the same for both the 32 and 64bit versions of windows. be sure to use VMware or something similar to obtain the boot files for xp64. then read this....

"i also found that the 'XP64' and 'PRO64' are not necessary. Just take the boot folder ($WIN_NT$.~BT) and rename it to something else (i did mine to XP64) and then edit the setupldr.bin file & replace all instances of "I386" with "XP64", then edit the boot image to show XP64 instead of i386. this is a way to have 1 less

folder in your root. i have the x64 boot folder if anyone needs it."

read through the forums and youll have a lot of questions answered. let me know how it works.

well, follow flyakites guide (http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/) and then edit the files as necessary. the steps are about the same for both the 32 and 64bit versions of windows. be sure to use VMware or something similar to obtain the boot files for xp64. then read this....

"i also found that the 'XP64' and 'PRO64' are not necessary. Just take the boot folder ($WIN_NT$.~BT) and rename it to something else (i did mine to XP64) and then edit the setupldr.bin file & replace all instances of "I386" with "XP64", then edit the boot image to show XP64 instead of i386. this is a way to have 1 less

folder in your root. i have the x64 boot folder if anyone needs it."

read through the forums and youll have a lot of questions answered. let me know how it works.

When you are editing SETUPLDR.BIN, are you changing 5 occurence of i386 and 2 occurence of I386?

I am asking because I did it this way, then I changed the SetupSourcePath of my txtsetup.sif file and when I boot, setup is asking me to insert the Windows XP x64 CD-ROM right away... unless I put the i386 and AMD64 folder at the root of my CD but if I do so, it won't go unattended :huh:

Edited by Incroyable HULK

that sounds like you forgot to copy the WIN51IA to the root of the DVD... yes, there are 7 instances of 'i386' (case insensitive) being matched. as for unattended, be sure to include the winnt.sif file in both the boot folder and the amd64 folder (in the setup directory).

that sounds like you forgot to copy the WIN51IA to the root of the DVD... yes, there are 7 instances of 'i386' (case insensitive) being matched. as for unattended, be sure to include the winnt.sif file in both the boot folder and the amd64 folder (in the setup directory).

I did include the WIN51 and WIN51IA at the root of the CD and at the root where I moved the I386 and AMD64 folder (inside a \SYSTEM\XPX64EN\ folder).

What I am telling is that even if I edited the SetupSourcePath of my txtsetup.sif file inside my boot folder, (to reflect \SYSTEM\XPX64EN\) the installation is still going into the I386 and AMD64 folders at the ROOT of my CD, not the one inside \SYSTEM\XPX64EN\.

On a "regular" 32-bits system, I would do it this way and then throw my winnt.sif file inside my boot folder (no need to add it to the I386 folder).

I suppose this way of doing business is now gone... I'll have to put a bunch of renamed AMD64 & I386 folders at the root of my CD, and keep a bunch of boot folders at the root and throw each of my winnt.sif files inside theses boot folders as well as the I386 folders...

:}

Edited by Incroyable HULK