Solution for multibooting Win XP/2k3 64-Bit, Win2k3 SP1, WinPE 2004

geitonaki

You wrote there:

"Follow flyakite's tutorial and ignore flyakite's tutorial."

so.. which one is it? ;-) What part should I follow from flyakite's tutorial? I prefer using just BCDW. Pity its original developer has disappeared..

If I may :unsure:, the idea is to "follow flyakite's guide principles" BUT skip over a few of them and follow cdob's tutorial.

The flyakite guide and what Gremo originally did is (basically and at it's core) made of two "main" steps:

• expand/create the \$WIN_NT$.~BT\ and \$WIN_NT$.~LS folders through WINNT32.exe and rename the first to "\PRO1" and move the contents of second to "\I386" and "\AMD64\"
  • hexedit/patch/modify paths in relevant files

What cdob's suggested/hinted is to NOT expand anything and just rename/move directories and hexedit/patch modify paths in relevant files.

In other words flyakite's original approach is "bring back to CD a HD install", whilst cdob's suggested one is "modify the original CD based install to work from a different path".

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

In other words flyakite's original approach is "bring back to CD a HD install", whilst cdob's suggested one is "modify the original CD based install to work from a different path".
So if one wants to use cdob's method, what does one use to load the different OS setup folders? He/she forgets to mention that in his 'guide'.

I prefer using EasyBoot, because I once paid for that thing. But it's quite unclear to me which files need to be edited how, even when I read this entire thread. The solution posted here involves flyakite's guide, which I think is way overkill for just a couple of XP x64 isos on one DVD.

what does one use to load the different OS setup folders? He/she forgets to mention that in his 'guide'.

Use any working multi boot loader, there is no limitation.

Use the classic boot sector file. Edited files, compare flyakite guide.

multi boot loader -> boot sector file -> setupldr.bin

The boot sector file solution is outdated nowadays.

Chainload different (edited) setupldr.bin: multi boot loader -> setupldr.bin

No idea about EasyBoot.

Ask further questions in another thread.

Is replacing all the amd64 entries as in

gsar.exe -i -o "-sAMD64:x5C" "-r%char4%:x5C:x00" %setupldr%
gsar.exe -o "-sAMD64:x00" "-r%char4%:x00:x00" %setupldr%

really safe?

I ask this because of what it says here:

"Do not replace all occurrences of "amd64" since some of them refer to a section of txtsetup.sif"

When I compare the two setupldr.bin files (the one in that post and the one generated by the gsar commands), the one from geitonaki has a lot more amd64 entries left in there.. :-/

Still not clear what to replace in setupldr.bin and what to leave as is... Can someone reassure me the gsar script here is correct for XP x64 SP2 setup/install?

Edited by meowing

Command does NOT replace all amd64.
really safe?
Try and report.

Don't compare different setupldr.bin. They goes to different solutions.

Again, you are mixing solutions, ask details at proper thread.

Command does NOT replace all amd64.

That was not my question, nor did I make that statement.

I know you're making 4 chars from 5 by adding x00. By the way, even though setupldr.bin isn't an executable, it might be safer to use x20 before the x00, see here.

Don't compare different setupldr.bin. They goes to different solutions.

Again, you are mixing solutions, ask details at proper thread.

I don't see how "Do not replace all occurrences of "amd64" since some of them refer to a section of txtsetup.sif" would not apply to both 'solutions', i.e. I'm NOT mixing any. Edited by meowing

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just a word to say thx a lot for your help (and for your cracked steupldr ;) ).

Regards.

NB: i had a problem on my eazyboot dvd (with xp pro sp3 and a BartPE with win 2k3 server sources (the problem was "ntldr is corrupt" from the boot of BartPE))

Edited by mordicus

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed window xp pro using USB flash disk on emachine M350 but it failled to boot when setup reboot the system in order to complete intallation but it give the BLUE SCREEN with the error 0x007B, 0xf7a8a524, 0xc034. cant some one help"

I installed window xp pro using USB flash disk on emachine M350 but it failled to boot when setup reboot the system in order to complete intallation but it give the BLUE SCREEN with the error 0x007B, 0xf7a8a524, 0xc034. cant some one help"

Wrong place to ask :w00t:, it should be here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

WHICH particular (among the ones listed there) solution did you use?

Or you attempted a "plain install from USB" ? :ph34r:

You don't need this modified SETUPLDR.BIN for XP.

In ANY case, start a NEW thread there:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 5 years later...

I would like to highlight that this guide on changing the "setupldr.bin" file also works perfectly with the version of Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (also x64)
I personally tested

the difference lies in the change of the "amd64" and "i386"

Edit all AMD64 (only those with large characters) and only 2 "i386" (only those with small fonts), where it says after "\SETUPLDR" and "\ntdetect.com"

Edited by Condor.07