Wireless0 vs other other software

svasutin

I was testing out my wireless speed, and decided to to try the MS Wireless Zero Config vs the Intel Pro Wireless (on my Dell) and the Linksys Wireless client on a home system. Turned out, the MS client was faster.

Anybody else get similar results?

• 1 month later...

Hey svasutin.

It's not that the WZC client is exactly faster than the others. The thing is usually they bundle this wireless client in order to get things working easily. For example, the WLAN monitor that Linksys has is a beauty... if you have anything but Win XP. Running on XP it'll be your worst nightmare. It won't disable the WZC so it's going to get up to a point in which it will just stop working ('cause WZC will try to take over).

Now, talking about WZC, whenever you have issues connecting wirelessly, just clear the prefered networks box in the connection properties.

C'ya.

I've got the Intel 2200BG wireless card in my laptop, and using both WZC and the Intel ProSet, I can't tell a difference in the speed of the network. The Intel packetbursting is a hardware setting in the device properties, so the software that connects to the wireless network doesn't really matter. The feature set of ProSet doesn't impress me much either. There isn't much that it can do that WZC can't.

Oh... and I'll take the 30MB of free RAM as well.