Windows 2000 (all)

the_guy

so i hear the 908531 fix messes things up when COM-accessing proggies are run.

i am on a machine setting it up to update automatically (she's challenged) and need a way to prevent this kb from installing, so i wrote an inf to do that. here it is, for what it's worth, until M$ (which knows about it) can issue a fix.

fake_908531.inf

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
List updated with September Patches.

the_guy

Hi. Sorry if this info is somewhere else and I missed it...

About IE package update ( IE6.0sp1-KB918899-Windows-2000-XP-v3-x86-ENU.exe ), should we rename it to IE6.0sp1-KB918899-Windows-2000-XP-x86-ENU.exe ( to get rid of "-v3-" ) or is it ok to let the filename have the "-v3-" ?

Thanks

Joao Clemente

Greetings from a newbie! :hello:

I have recently come across HFSLIP ( http://www.vorck.com/2ksp5.html#ie-6 ) and I am trying to follow the instructions there.

So far I managed to complete step 6 and most of step 7, but stumbled over the following comment:

Just in case you were tempted not to use the Post SP4 Rollup, I have to tell you here that the Rollup is required for slipstreaming IE6, or you can download MSXML3.

Now, l looked up this Post SP4 Rollup and discovered that for some reason it is not included in your excellent list of post-sp4 hotfixes. So before proceeding to make a silly mistake, I was wondering whether I can understand why it is ommited? (I am sure it is intentional and for a good reason, I just would like to better understand what I am doing).

Also, I noticed that your post-sp4 hotfixes list starts from February 2005, while I think that I saw a post-sp4 hotfixes (or more) pre-dating this. For example, ENU_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE.

Am I correct in my observation or did I miss something? If I am correct, could explain why such post-sp4 hotfixes were ommitted?

To summarize, I basically have 2 questions:

1. What's special about the Post SP4 Rollup that makes it outside your regular list of hotfixes?

2. Why does your list start from Feburary 2005 and not earlier?

Thanks!

William

The post SP4 Rollup is listed, it's under September 2005. The reason that it startys in February 2005 is that all previous updates (and most from before April 30, 2005, with the exception of 842773) are replaced by the Rollup.

Also, 832483 was replaced by MS06-014 for 2000 and MDAC 2.5 SP3 (MDAC 2.8 SP1 includes the fix).

the_guy

The post SP4 Rollup is listed, it's under September 2005.

You are right. I simply missed it (I wonder whether I missed other hotfixes this way. :unsure: I guess I'll know when I first try using the resultant CD).

BTW, I found lots of references to FDV and especially to "FDV's fileset". Who/What is FDV and what is that fileset?

Thank you so much for the great work you are doing!

William

• 2 weeks later...