Error slipstreaming KB899591

pnkiller78

Check what the version on rdpwd.sys is, if it got slipped then it should be: 5.0.2195.7055

Then Tommy'll know whether it's just a reporting quirk or not...

The version of the file rdpwd.sys i have on the SOURCESS\I386 is 5.0.2195.7006

My HfNetChk log shows the same version after I install the OS on VMWare.

I'm just curious why the script dosn't slipstream this file.

Also I downloaded the same hotfix from microsoft to make sure the file wouldn't be corrupted or something, tested with Winrar and everything was ok..

The kb899591.cat file is in I386\SVCPACK like the other files... don't know what happened.

Of course, maybe I could compress manually the dll, but that the point of the tool. ;)

I know what the problem is. The 2k rollup has the same file with a newer date but older version. Weird huh? I can fix it, but can you post your prodspec.ini file? I don't have 2k server. In the meantime, can you makecab that file and put it into the FIX folder until I got it resolved. This is like to 15th crappy version mistake from microsoft.

Please post your prodpec.ini file in the meantime... Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Here it is..

Tommy..

You think that it could be possible to make the script know the version numbers of the files it slipstreaming.

I know that this is not a "magic wand" or something like that, but I was just thinkin' :whistle:

and many thanks for this tool, i'm administering a small 30-40 computers network and this had saved my day.. :thumbup

Oh, I have a question off the topic, obviously should not be asked on this forum

Why the HfChkNet tool reports many files with the correct version number but mismatchet checksum?

Could be an error on the cab file HfChkNet download from Shavlik's site?

..cause it's obvious that the tool does not modifies or tampered the files..

Thank you.

PRODSPEC.zip

@pain - I have no idea why hfnetchk does that. I questioned it when I first started using it, so I did a regular installation instead of a HFSLIP one. Same errors. Strange. Anyway, your 2k server fix was incorporated and will be posted in the next version of HFSLIP (should be released in a bit once FDV posts it).

Oh yea, most importantly, thanks for using the error report tool.

While you wait for the new HFSLIP, take some time and take the Pepsi challenge:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=551

No problem tommy..

and by the way, I prefer your method.

I have tried nLite, manual SVCPACK.INF, but not tried Ryan's Pack

But your script seem's to be cleaner and more professional.

Also, you explain everything in your guide, one can see how the script works and understand it (well, more or less :)).

Just have one sugestion.. for people (like me) who make multiboot OS disc, the line in SVCPACK.INF always end like this

CatalogSubDir="\I386\SVCPACK"

and has to be changed everytime to

CatalogSubDir="I386\SVCPACK"

for the [setupHotfixesToRun] to work

so, you have to uncompress it, modify it and compress again :), well it's not big deal, but without the first backslash works ok not matter if you want to use a different path sources or the standard X:\i386

the two cmd files the script creates have to be edited as well, but that's ok, cause they are uncompressed.

After that it's excellent, but it could be outstanding and totally awesome if it could slipstream/integrate drivers like nLite, although I have read that you can run nLite to do that over SOURCESS folder.

Thank you.

@pain - do you feel like posting some of the modded CMD files for a multiboot? I'll see if I can incorporate it into a next version. I never messed with multiboots cd's. May as well make hfslip more universal.....

@pain - do you feel like posting some of the modded CMD files for a multiboot? I'll see if I can incorporate it into a next version. I never messed with multiboots cd's. May as well make hfslip more universal.....

Well, I use the method described in this site

Windows 2000 Multiboot CD

After running the script I move the SOURCESS folder to the SETUP folder described in the method, rename the folder according to the version of the OS I'm slipstreaming (PRO, SERVER, ADVANCED <<I have not have tested ADVANCED>>) and modify the HFSL???.CMD files, just the line with the FOR statements

from this...

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%%i:\I386
...to this (this is the case when the sources W2k pro CD it's on this path)
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\SETUP\PRO\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%%i:\SETUP\PRO\I386

Like I said before is not big deal, just change the I386\HFSLIPWU.CMD and I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD files

I understand that in the FOR statement you are searching in which drive the standard I386 folder or I386\SVCPACK folder are placed...

as a suggestion maybe you could read in an enviroment variable in the begining of the script if the user running the script want to place the sources on another path, maybe like the way you read the I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS statement, if he just press ENTER the standard path could be assumen, otherwise the ENVIROMENT variable would be used... just a suggestion of course...

the only thing in SVCPACK.INF file that need to be changed is the initial backslash in this line

[setupData]CatalogSubDir="\I386\SVCPACK"

...to this

[setupData]CatalogSubDir="i386\SVCPACK"

Oh... and you copy the TXTSETUP.INF file to the BOOTDISK directory and change the

SetupSourcePath line from this

SetupSourcePath = "\"
...to this
SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\PRO\"

and leave the original copy in the I386 folder without any change... just copy the file in the BOOTIMAGES folder

after that all work like a charm..

Edited by pnkiller78