How do i downgrade my OEM XP64 to XP32?

Schadenfroh

Hello, i am aware that microsoft allows for the downgrade of certain products if they are OEM. I wish to downgrade from XP pro 64bit edition to XP32 pro. Does anyone know the steps i need to take or what department of microsoft to contact in order to do this?

Thanks

(this was an OEM copy purchased from new egg)

No, the only thing Microsoft did anywhere near what you are talking about was when they were exchanging the 32-bit version for a 64-bit version of XP Professional...

*Links....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/u...de/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/faq.mspx

There ya are so, no; Microsoft will not exchange the version... BTW... the way the exchaged the copy up was by asking them for there CD key, nulling that key, and shipping them a copy of windows XP 64...

Sometimes an "Upgrade" will de-install itself.

If that's not possible, then a cold install of the previous OS would be in order.

You might not have to reformat the drive, but at least delete the windows folder.

Good Luck,

Andromeda :whistle:

hmmm, i feel sorry for you, getting an x64 version of windows

i got an amd64, and basically, i will not use xp x64 , until outpost pro gets ported, cause other than that, i had no beef with winxp x64

I run Win x64. I was also trying to get MS to give me a downgrade since there were no x64 drivers for my Oki C5300n page printer. The last thing MS told me to do was fill out a form they emailed me and fax (why not email?) it back. This was about a month ago and I haven't heard a thing.

But I stopped pursuing it because I decided to try something I had done in the past (and forgotten..duh). I installed an x64 driver from the x64 install (manual selection using the 'Add Hardware' wizard) for a similar printer, the C7200. That worked like a charm.

I still have no drivers for my scanner; but I can do without that since I rarely have need for it. And I still have no anti-virus software that supports real time detection (I do a manual scan every so often). I do use Windows firewall and MS Antispyware.

I wonder why people are so reluctant in switching over to the 64 bit platform. Honestly is MS even selling x64 copies of XP? I mean if I buy a comp from Voodoopc that is 64 bit will they bundle me a copy of a 64 bit Xp?