Changing drive letters

Adamastor

Hello! :hello:

I'd like to change the drive letters, I mean, change the c:, d:, etc. shown in the explorer for something like fd0:, fd1:, hd0:. hd1: as used on the Amiga. I know how to change the label and icon of a drive unit, but not its real name under explorer. Any registry tips to do that? :) Thanks!

There's a number of ways ot change the drive letter to F:, Y: or Q: but I don't believe that there's any way of changing it to fd0:, etc. I could be wrong but I am almost certain that Windows only alows drive letters from A to Z (which can be an issue if you have more than 26 simultaenous drives. There is however a method of Mapping a folder to a drive letter and I THINK you can Map a drive letter to a folder, which you could subsequently call hd0, but this wouldn't be the same.

The program that I have used in the past is called Partion Magic by Powerquest. This also has a nifty utility that checks the registry etc. for old references and updates them to the new drive refrence (fixes shortcuts etc.)

The Amiga? I don't think I was born sorry. The first computer I ever used was a Mac Classic when I was 4 years old, I think it was running MacOS 6.xx

Thank you very much! :yes:

My mistake, I was so excited about this idea that I forgot this issue. Then it's the same case as MS-DOS, only from a to Z. :no:

Well, your first OS was a MacOS 6.... you make me feel sooo old... :D

I'll try however to eliminate the parenthesis of the drive names.

Thanks!