Something missing in C:\HFSLIP\SOURCE ?

viinno

OK

now ill admit im fairly new to creating slipstream`d xp boot discs however,

I have allready made a slipstreamed sp 2 disc and it works just fine

Now, i wanted to add a few applications (namely 1.1net framework, mediaplayer10, virtual machine and a couple others) so I stubmle upon ur hfslip programme and instructions for the less script minded.

So I dl and run hpslip, ok all good, I enter the files i need in the right folders, all good, I put my updated i386 folder in source and my root source files, all good,

When i run the script again.... not good, it seems to want something more in the source folder, what am i missing?

@viinno - We can gladly help you out. Please post your ERROR_REPORT.TXT file to this thread so we can see what you're doing. In the meantime, please see the "what goes where" thread in this forum.

HFSLIP isn't geared for slipstreaming programs like virtual machine, but can do *some*.

OK now im going to seem totally retarded but....

I dont see no error_reporting.txt anywhere, where should it be and how can i get it there?

I have managed to run hfnetchk so ive included the wu, looking at it tho i get the feeling i didnt do that right either.

well thnks for ur time anyway

WU.zip

well ok maybe its supposed to be there, sure aint there for me.

in sourcess i have 1 i386 folder which contains 1 empty SVCPACK folder :o

anyroad up, I went ahead and wrote my batch file now, seemed easier than worrying myself why i have no error_reporting.txt anywhere on my system!

Doublecheck step 3 of this: http://www.vorck.com/hfslip.html I don't think you have your folders setup correctly. If you dont see an error_report.txt file alongside your hfslsip.cmd file once the script is done, you didn't set it up correctly.

To simplify things, create a folder on your D drive called HFSLIP. PLace the hfslip.cmd file there. Doubleclick it. Fill the folders. Run hfslip again. Post back your error report. FYI, don't use spaces or punctuation marks with the HFSLIP folder name.