Big problems with RAID drivers

Steffen

( I come from the Netherlands so my Englisch is not verry good )

Hello,

I am working for a compagnie and I have to make a unattended cd.. Everything is going well accept the part with the raid drivers for a S-ATA disk. We want that the setup looks for drivers on a floppy disk because we have many motherboards... If I use winnt.sif he dont looks on a floppy disk and if I dont use winnt.sif the installation looks on thje floppy disk and installs Windows. With what kind of rule in winnt.sif can I solve this problem ? ? ?

Please help me

Edited by Steffen

I have tried your solution but it didnt work.. The first time the setup is looking for the disk if you press F6.. That part is going well, but after formatting the disk the setup begins to copy all the files ACCEPT the files for the S-Ata disk. He cant copy the files because he coudnt find them..

Do you have a other solution???

Please help

As far as i know it only worls that way.

The part of winnt.sif sould look like that

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

WaitForReboot=No

Repartition=NO

UnattendSwitch=Yes

OemPnpDriversPath="Drivers\000intel;Drivers\001via1;Drivers\001via2;Drivers\002nvid;Drivers\002nvid2;Drivers\003ati\Driver\2KXP_INF;Drivers\004ati\2KXP_INF;Drivers\001intel\Win2000;Drivers\001ac97;Drivers\002intel\PRO100\WINXP32;Drivers\003intel;Drivers\002intel\PRO1000\WINXP32;Drivers\001usb;drivers\0013com;drivers\001alc;drivers\001ad;drivers\002via;drivers\marv001;drivers\max001;A:\"

My winnt.sif looks like this...

I dont want the drivers on the cd because we have hundreds of motherboards.. A floppy disk is then the best way

[Data]

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutoPartition=0

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="yes"

FileSystem=*

OemPnPDriversPath="No"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=110

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=++++++++++++++++++++

FullName="Gebruiker"

OrgName="nvt"

ComputerName=EDHPC

[Display]

Xresolution=800

YResolution=600

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language=00000413

[FavoritesEx]

Title1="EDH Computers VOF.url"

URL1="http://www.edhcomputers.nl"

Title2="Google.url"

URL2="http://www.google.nl"

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.edhcomputers.nl

[Proxy]

Proxy_Enable=0

Use_Same_Proxy=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=Werkgroep

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\RunOnceEx.cmd

Edited by Steffen

I dont want the drivers on the cd because we have hundreds of motherboards.. A floppy disk is then the best way

Well, hundreds of motherboards maybe, but it won't take hundreds of drivers I bet. There are only so many chipsets out there.

Why don't you take a look at Bashrat's driverpacks ? Use his methods to add any other drivers you need. That way everything is on one CD, you don't need a floppy per motherboard type (and many systems don't even bother with floppies any more).

Bashrat's Driverpacks

I'm using the driverpack now on my CD, and I have yet to see a system it won't install on.

D.

Well, hundreds of motherboards maybe, but it won't take hundreds of drivers I bet. There are only so many chipsets out there.

Why don't you take a look at Bashrat's driverpacks ? Use his methods to add any other drivers you need. That way everything is on one CD, you don't need a floppy per motherboard type (and many systems don't even bother with floppies any more).

Bashrat's Driverpacks

I'm using the driverpack now on my CD, and I have yet to see a system it won't install on.

D.

I will try this...

I am now trying to install the cd without the $OEM maps... ( a tip of the programma Nlite )

I just didnt test it... maybe tomorrow

Look at the end of the section botto right corner ;A:\"

What do you mean? Can you be more clear ?

Look at the end of my post it works like tha i´m using it with about 250 different types of mainboards without any problems

drivers have to be in $oem$\$1\drivers or in A:

and in PNPdriver there must be the exact path to the files $oem§\$1\drivers\somefolder paths have to be seperated with ;

hope this helps you

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is not solved.. How can I copy the files i need to the hardisk without the OEM method? A file on the cd doesnt help because the setup dont knows the variable %%CDROM%% or %CDROM%..

Can anybody help ?

• 5 months later...

I couldn't help but read this and wonder. I wanted to be able to install my SATA drivers during the text-mode setup of WinXP MCE. I wanted to have them installed from the CD and not the floppy. I have to do this because my C: drive is on a SATA port. So, I found this...

http://www.beginnerspc.com/articles.cfm?ar...eid=1703&page=5

This will automatically load your SATA drivers instead of you having to push F8 to load the third party SATA drivers. I didn't test it, yet. I'm a little scared to because the instructions talk like you only have one driver when in fact, I have two. I have the nVidia nForce 4 SATA/RAID. In my txtsetup.oem it says that I must use both drivers. So, I put both in and will give it a try. Anyone else had any luck with this sort of thing?