Twins Lock Brother In Attic For 40yrs

FthrJACK

Twins kept older brother locked in attic for 40 years

Twins who allegedly kept their older brother locked in an attic for 40 years so they could claim his pension have been arrested by Italian police.

Pasquale Tavoletti, 90, was found by officers in a dazed and confused state in appalling conditions after they broke into the room following an anonymous tip off.

Officers at Spinetoli, near Ascoli Piceno in central Italy, said Mario and Luigi, 78, had been helping themselves to Pasquale's £900 a month war pension since 1963.

Police spokesman Francesco de Palo said: ''The room was dark, there were no windows or electricity and the smell from the rotting food was stomach turning. I have seen better kept dog kennels.

''What is amazing is that the family lived in a fantastic house worth £250,000 and tucked away in this attic in disgusting conditions was the elder brother who had seen action in the war.''

Both Mario and Luigi have appeared in court charged with fraud, assault and false imprisonment but because of their age were bailed until their next court appearance.

Story filed: 10:02 Monday 31st March 2003

Source: Ananova.com

well thats excusable, I mean come on! Its not like the older brother really had anything else to give to the world! I mean after 50 you pretty much suck the life out of everyone else. He could have just as easily been killed in a war or somthing, and we would think nothing of it, but since he was "IMPRISONED" (such a harsh word!). I mean, some new age rich folks would pay good money to get that kinda chance at a long meditation. an escape. Just think of all the things you could figure out given that about of time to think. As a matter of fact, I think the twins deserve every cent they earned by helping there poor older brother to ataine enlightenment.