problems slipstreaming

mlr

im having real problems here could realy do with some help,im trying to slipstream office 2003 into my xpcd,

ive done everything in this guide

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/ap...03_advanced.htm

ok this how i write my batchfile,open notepad add these lines

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

and save it as RunOnceEx.cmd,i then put this in my $oem$ folder

ive tried it in virtual pc 4 times and nothing

please help im about to explode ive read the guide a 100 times and just cant get it work

just for reference this is how i have my folders

i have the

$oem$ folder inside that i have the $1 and $$, inside the $1 folder i have install then inside that applications and finaly in that i have office2003 with the office files in

i put the batch file in the $oem$ folder is this corect

hmmm... Quick thinking...

- What type office install do you have... Silent ?.... (lol... that was for fun... ;p)... but more seriously what method and what type of install have you used for your Office...

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

- Are you sure your Office install works the way you want it to work using your switches in an attended install... Have you tested it working on a virtual machine.
To start RunOnceEx on first logon, we will need to import the registry keys during GUI-mode of Windows Setup. We can do this by using cmdlines.txt which executes a series of commands during the T-12 minute stage of Windows XP Setup. Create a cmdlines.txt file in Notepad and paste in the following:

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"

Save this as cmdlines.txt inside the $OEM$ folder within your Windows Setup Source folder... etc

- Have you created your cmdlines.txt... Yeah i know you read the guide... lol... just making sure...

- Are u installing other applications with runonceex and are they installing ?...

The Office ref post (for me anyways) Here... Yeah it's 49 pages long.... lmao.... but every single one is usefull.... (specialy the last one.... muhahaha... now ya can all flame me... ;)).

Hope this helps...

Nothing to flame. It's good advice.

You might consider posting you RunOnceEx.cmd and your cmdlines.txt, at least the relevant portions. sometimes it really is just a misplaced comma or more commonly quotation marks!! Anyway, make sure you test the install in attended mode. That means have the files available where they should be and then run the command from RunOnceEx in the Run box. If everything goes the way it should, it will run from the UA disk. If not, then you have to trouble shoot your command, the transform file, etc. First try it without the transform file and see if it starts it. (In a VM this should be no problem). Then do the next thing up to where you are using the full command. that should help reveal where the block is.

Hope this helps. :o)

ok i tried doing the install of office with an attended install still no luck

for reference this is what i have in my batch file

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

and my cmdlines.txt file could someone take a look at these and make sure there corect

[COMMANDS]

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

and could someone please verify the folder i need to have my batch file and cmdlines.text in i curently have them in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\ folder

and office 2003 in

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\

if i cant get this to work ill have to try a different method i supose

Hold on a sec... you're mixing apples and oranges.

What you've got there is the code for installing from the batch file. A RunOnceEx example is:

@echo off
SET Installs=%systemdrive%\Installers
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Programs Installing" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Nero 6.6.0.16"
REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\Nero\Nero_Custom_Setup.exe" /f

If you do want to install Office at T-12 (the time that the batch files are executed) then you will probably need nankai's OfficeExec installer. The regular installer will give you an error otherwise.

Edited by Zxian

cheers zxian after reading this i now realize were i gone wrong lol i been reading so much all at once that my heads all mixed up

so basicly i need to use this

[COMMANDS]

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

with somthing like this

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\AdobeReader6\AR6.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Alcohol 120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg" /f

now all i have to do is figure out the script i need for office 2003

ok it says here to save cmdlines inside my windows setup folder which one would this be

Save this as cmdlines.txt inside the $OEM$ folder within your Windows Setup Source folder

and if i use the runonce cmd creator will i have to add any lines to it or just use it as is

i dont mean to be a hassle but i realy want to get office installed

Edited by mlr

now all i have to do is figure out the script i need for office 2003

ok it says here to save cmdlines inside my windows setup folder which one would this be

Save this as cmdlines.txt inside the $OEM$ folder within your Windows Setup Source folder

and if i use the runonce cmd creator will i have to add any lines to it or just use it as is

i dont mean to be a hassle but i realy want to get office installed

The command that you need is something like:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Office 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\Office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UNATTENDED.MST /qb" /f

(Btw... my previous code had an error... corrected now)

And try to use code tags when possible. They help sort out your words from your code. :)

Edited by Zxian

ok can someone please check my runonce code it runs on logon but cant find them

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Office 2003" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\Office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UNATTENDED.MST /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "LimeWire" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\LimeWire\LimeWireWin.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 7.5" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\MSN_Messenger_7.5.0306.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%Installs%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

my apps are in $oem$/$1/installs

i cant figure out were ive gone wrong cheers mlr

Edited by mlr