Network Monitoring

syedali

Hi Guys!!

Systems configuration

P1V 2.4

M.B Intel

Ram 256

In my offfice 45 system in Network How to Network monitoring with all system without any software.

I am using winxp professional in all systems any option in winxp professional.

Any one give me helpfull sugessions. Thanks for all......

This is going to be a slightly off topic reply as, I too, don't quite understand what he wants. But whatever it is, I'm sure that there would be dozens of acceptable suggestions. I have found that particularly in the area of network management, monitoring, analysis, etc., that the prices these products command is just insane. I quite honestly would never even suggest to most of my clients any of these these products for fear of being laughed right out of the office.

With all of that being said, I personally, would make every effort to recommend freeware / open source products. Perhaps if more people used such software, some of these software developers would come back down to earth. Some of my favorite examples are Ethereal, Snort, and Nessus. I will admit however to getting my main employer to spring for Solar Winds EE, and I do use that all the time almost everywhere my laptop goes. But there you actually have a good example of a package that isn't too far out of whack in terms of pricing, especially when you look at a package like Sniffer or some of the NetIQ products.

Hi Guys!

Thanks for replay

I want only any setting in WINXP with see monitoring all system in our network.It is possible.What he is doing in the Net and computer without any software and without netmeeting help.I mean activity monitoring ..

What is this monitoring.what is this purpose.How to use this monitor..... bandwith, activity, workstations, internet access..PLZ explain me.

Thanks for replay Plz give me helpfull segession.

Edited by syedali

Yea try that thing, even though it has nothing to do with network monitoring. I hate it when people whore out their own stuff.
Please write what functions you so need? Maybe in next release this feature will be added...

And... you see second release?

I always use DameWare NT Utilities for monitoring a system when there are behavioral issues being investigated. It's not free, but it's easily one of the best networking admin bargains I've ever seen. Like BO2K mentioned above it does take a little bit of configuring, but configured right, most novice users would never know it's running. Also like BO2K, the DameWare Mini Remote module is now picked up by most AV products. I can confirm that Symantec Corp does.

Be careful with what you're doing though when it comes to spying on someone. Make sure that you're in compliance with the laws of your Country / State. In the USA, depending on where you are located, you could find yourself in far more trouble than whoever it is you're monitoring if you don't follow proper procedure.

Edited by RogueSpear

V.V.V. Thanks for all. for helpfull sugessions.

I will use DameWare NT Utilities software but how to configure it.Actually this is Ms-Dos application.How to configure it.

Thanks...........RogueSpear sugession me.

Edited by syedali

It's not a DOS application. There a service that runs in the background and you use a GUI client to access the remote computer. My personal suggestion is to install the service ahead of time and then configure it. Trying to manipulate the settings ahead of pushing out the service has always been a little troubling for me. But you can configure it for completely silent operation.

Just like when you're going to give a presentation, test it first. Get all the unexpected stuff out of the way before going to production.

• 3 weeks later...

DameWare NT Utilities also i don't how to configure it.

Hi farisnt!

It is connected to third party.How can i download my system.But i want free Network monitoring software.If you know pls pls give me helpfull sugessions.I am little bit poor in networking knowledge pls help me.

Thanks for replay.

Edited by syedali