MS Windows Startup Problem

The Rock

Hello people,

I am having a very weird problem for the past week. When ever i start my Windows XP SP2 RTM, i get a prompt screen. This is after I found a suspicious file on my system, and was RIGHT CLICK>Erasing it, but by mistake clicked OPEN.

jusched.exe: Component MSWINSCK.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have scanned the whole system in safe mode with:

1)NOD32

2)SpyBot S&D

3)Ad Aware

4)Webroot Spy Sweeper

5)MS AntiSpyware

The above mentioned softwares were the latest versions offered and were updated to the day of scanning.

The scans were DEEP, including .rar and .zip files and any other compression techniques that the softwares support.

I know the jusched.exe file is JAVA UPDATE SCHEDULE file, so I removed JAVA from my system, from my registry(JAVA & SUN), and deleted all the instances. I removed the corresponding RUN key from my registry, and deleted the folder it was referring to.

The MS AntiSpyware REAL TIME AGENTS, Zone-Alarm Pro 6.6 and Spybot's Tea-Timer are always ON to disable any registry key changes (I am prompted to decide YES or NO).

But still the registry is modified. I have even BLOCKED it from loading. But still it manages to come up.

I am not a Novice regarding Crapware removal, but this thing has got me. No solution found.

**Notable Mention: In the boot.ini file, I found DEP (DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION) was enabled when I had disabled it. If it is of any help**

**Notable Mention: No Service Runs in relation to this Crapware, maybe because it didnt find the .ocx file to run.**

**Notable Mention: I have the Back-Up of my OS if in caseany file is needed to be replaced, it wouldnt be of any problem.**

Any help regarding the problem shall be Welcomed.

Thank you.

Googled about Unregistering and Unreged the OCX, the prompt screen is no longer there, but the startup entry prevails still. Dont know why because it runs no program.

Thanks for your help GunSmokingMan. I always thought it(ERROR) to be a friend of MicroSoft Irritant Squad.

Now how the h3ll do i remove the startup entry for good?

Thanks for your concern.

Elektrik, i think you didnt understant. I already unregistered the OCX. If i replace it and register it, the Unwanted Program might operate. After I Downloaded it and unregistered it, the prompt screen is no longer there just the RUN KEY Modification.

Thanks.