any good guides for a noob

mlr

hi all is there any good guides that explain how to add software to your unatended xpcd, ive had a read through the forums and seen you need to use things called switches etc,id realy like to add programs such as nero paintshop pro limwire etc,thanks in advance mlr

Um....if you read the guide you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

A batch file basically just brings up a DOS box and types in what you want it to. The switches at you use for silent installs were built into the installer by the creator of the software. The silent switch basically simulates you clicking OK to everything and will install your programs to the default directory with default settings.

If you create a batch file with the proper switches, i don't know what more you need.

You can use the RUNONEX method thats been mentioned, but I would suggest creating and understanding the batch file first, then work your way up.

I personally use WIHU as a software selector and it works great for me. Others prefer WPI, or "Just another software selector" and the list goes on. You'll have to try and test these other methods out if you are interested.

Like I said though, get the basics to work and understand them first.

well MLR, Just like u i am also a big noob that has made a start ... Just Read it and read it again

----- >>>> RunOnceEx Method By MSFN !!

I must say , i don't even know everything but at least get a blast or try! Im confident people will help you make the right switches or command lines to use to. I'll hope even to :)

Best Regards,

Wip