Integrate Windows genuine advantage

hello to all

iam still around this issue about long time .

i make search on net / forum but nothing conclusive.

i need to integrate the hotfixes that contain the windows genuine advantage.

with nlite its impossible .

the hot fixe extracted gives me a exe file .

ok

but if i put this on cd and install and make updates it install again the hotfixes.

resuming.

i need to install this hotfixes

there is any way to to this ??

thanks for the help

HFSLIP is language independant and works as far as integrating IE6, DirectX 9C (W2k) and hot-fixes. I don't integrate Windows advantage because I remove IE and other things from my installation but if it integrates the other things it makes me think it also should work with WGA. You can try and if there is some issues just post in the thread about it, maybe the issues could be solved quickly.

hHeres a way to integrate nearly anything without "hokey" tools. The scripts and tools just make it easier than starting from baseline scratch, since they put files in the proper folders for automatic copyover, update inf's and pack or repack files, update registry, etc etc etc.

hHeres a way to integrate nearly anything without "hokey" tools.

Right-o, thanks for that. Let me clarify: Does anyone know how to integrate the Windows Genuine Advantage junk manually, and if so, could you please share your experience with the rest of us who don't use 3rd party tools?

Please understand, this was not a bag on the talented folks who write the fine tools on this board. I know that a lot of people use them. Personally, I perfer to do things the manual way as it's much cleaner and predictable. Sorry if anyone was offended by my comment :blushing:

Install WGA on your PC.

Take "LegitCheckControl.dll" from your windows\system32 dir and place it on your CD (could be $OEM$\$$\system32)

Then the dll just needs to be registered with "regsvr32 /s legitcheckcontrol.dll" (don't know if you need the path also)

I register it in a .inf-file much like RyanVM's but you should be able to do it in something like GuiRunOnce.

• 2 weeks later...
Install WGA on your PC.

Take "LegitCheckControl.dll" from your windows\system32 dir and place it on your CD (could be $OEM$\$$\system32)

Then the dll just needs to be registered with "regsvr32 /s legitcheckcontrol.dll" (don't know if you need the path also)

I register it in a .inf-file much like RyanVM's but you should be able to do it in something like GuiRunOnce.

does it have to be even registered ?

Install WGA on your PC.

This is a bit of a problem for me. I want to integrate it seamlessly(TXTSETUP.SIF) and have it copy over correctly. The problem is the CD doesn't use Joliet and I'm not about to start. 8.3 filenames suddenly found a way to bug me again. -_- Is there any way to slip LegitControlCheck.DLL into the CD installation without using joliet settings or having an invalid filename? I remember WGA used to exist as a CAB entry in Downloaded Program Files but I can't find it anymore! :(