HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

* Not including any hotfixes not on your list. I'm also not including any optional updates.

* I did not change the default handling of IE7.

* Yes, that's ryanVM's file, which explains why I've had success putting it elsewhere.

I wasn't sure if HFCLEANUP was the culprit or not. I built a new XP Pro cd today, and will post results tomorrow, if I encounter any problems.

First off I want to thank you for this great tool. I did my first slipstream with HFSLIP and windows xp. After installing it I noticed 2 things. If I go into the Windows security center, the automatic update option does not show up where it normally does. The second this I seen was it put an HFSLIP in the add/remove programs. I clicked change and it just removed it. Is there a way to make this install look like a factory type install without HFSLIP being in the install?

Edited by GrandMstrBud

hi tc/tp! i would just like to share my happiness in being able to finally come up with a successful build :thumbup (after struggling for more than a month) ... i've tried all possible combos in what i put in and took out ... there was actually 1 specific addon (Kels_ResHack_v3.4.0.79_addon_build5 ... Kel has already come up with build6 which works great!) that caused the other addons not installing, as well as ie7 & wmp11 ... installation skipped from T-28 to T-22 ...

here are some comments though in my build:

post-84520-1175729725_thumb.jpg

same thing happened with: WMADMOD.DL_, WMSDMOD.DL_, WMSPDMOD.DL_, wmvdmod.dl_

then at T-39 until T-33

post-84520-1175729767_thumb.jpg

same thing happened with:

Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)

Intel® 823741AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller

USB Root Hub

Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter

Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer

Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

then it re-occured before showing the desktop (i wonder why) for the following files:

Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter

Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer

would there be a way to keep these from showing up? ;)

from setuperr, this is what i got when including swflash.cab

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\flash.ocx because of the following error:

DllRegisterServer returned error 2147500037 (80004005).

other that the 3 minor issues above, everything works great ... i've attached here some files for viewing just to show my success in having all these HFs & files slipstreamed/integrated ...

THANKS for 70325 :P

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@Kiki

As far as the error dialogs go, those often appear when disabling SFC. TommyP noted somewhere that the HFCLEANUP feature is only optimized for Win2K.

The error for flash.ocx is a known issue and you should complain to Macromedia/Adobe for that. Part of the standard registration process just fails. At least it's a "silent" error, so I decided not to do anything about it. For Win2K, though, the error is not silent so I made Windows setup register flash.ocx at a later stage (T-13) for Windows versions that don't come stock with Flash (2000 and 2003). I don't remember if that also gets rid of the error note in setuperr.log -- I need to check again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The version 1.6.0 (Final or Release 1) does not integrate this hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898461

Thanks. It should be fixed in HFSLIP 1.6.1.

The problem was that if the hotfix is placed in the HF folder, the registry wasn't updated. At least this is supposed to be added:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PreInstall","Path",0x20000,"%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\PreInstall"

(0x20000 is REG_EXPAND_SZ)

It also has a problem with the TimeZones. This is what happens on a Windows XP updated (Spanish version):
And you didn't have this time zone problem with HFSLIP 1.5.0?