HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

Is KB917008 required to be in another folder? The last time I had KB917008 in the HF folder, the KB917008 hotfix installer failed.

I suspect that KB917008 isn't a supported hotfix for the HF method.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

@RJARRRPCGP, you are right that KB917008 is treated differently from most of the other hotfixes. However, it should remain in HF. Tomcat76 currently has HFSLIP integrate it with SVCPACK. You don't have to do anything special to it ;).

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure if Tomcat fixed the problems you were having with it. This SVCPACK integration was already implemented into HFSLIP_60810. I searched the Test releases forum as well as the HFSLP changelog, but didn't find any mention that Tomcat fixed any possible problems with it.

Hello

I used 1.0.1 vesion to slipstream hotfixes and now i have problem with tv tuner drivers installation. When i slipstream hotfixes with version 60810 the drivers install ok. So this is a problem with the newest version. I think i know why i have this problem, when i use hfslip in "Slipstreaming new files" section there are added to i386 folder files: ks.sys, ksproxy.ax, ksuser.dll, stream.sys, msyuv.dll (in older version this files was not added), this files are used when i install drivers to my tv tuner and there are wrong. I took the original files from the system32 folder and the original files are bigger then this copying by hfslip. With the original files tv tuner works ok, so i back to version 60810.

Edited by grzesiek

@ grzesiek and Tomcat76

For Testpurposes I ran the new n-lite yesterday and had the same problems. The WDM drivers were not installed correctly and Wincoder/Winproducer crashed due to a lack of dlls. Didn´t use HFSLIP to create this CD so I guess it´s either the new DX9 Cab or one of the Hotfixes or that the SFP was off. As a workaround I ran the DX9 setup.exe again after W2K installation was done and everything worked fine again.

Agi Hammerklau

[EDIT]

Seems not to be a bug in the progam(s). Just rechecked with HFSLIP and nlite. I used the same old DX9 Cabs as ever and SFP was ON. So it´s got to be one of the last Hotfixes since it´s very unlikely that two different progams generate the same prob using identical sources.

Agi Hammerklau

Edited by AgiHammerklau

I have a suggestion for the forums and some features requests for HFSLIP. I could not find a better place to post these questions / requests so hopefully this not too off topic.

My question: Is there a formal place for posting forum suggestions or HFSLIP feature requests?

If not, my suggestion for the forum is to make a sticky thread under HFSLIP for users to post feature requests. If it was moderated then the requests could be consolidated and tracked in the 1st reply with the first actual post including instructions for how to request a change and what information to include in the change.

I have the following two requests for future versions of HFSLIP:

1. Add a value to the HFANSWER.INI (like SKIPPROMPTS) that if set allows HFSLIP to run and pull all of the information it needs from the HFANSWER.INI file and does not prompt the user for any input, including the "I have read the instructions" bit.

2. Add support for a command line CD burning. The parameters would be stored in the HFANSWER.INI file. One tool that would be easy to support is the CDBURN.EXE tool from the Windows 2003 Resource Kit since the resource kit it is freely available for anyone to download and use. In the script I would think that burning the CD would be made dependant on creating an ISO, and use the ISONAME property as one of the parameters passed to the CD burning tool. Obviously any other free CD burning tool would also be acceptable.

I have personally made these changes (hacks) to the 1.0.1 version script and it greatly simplifies times when I am troubleshooting driver installations and I am making several (20-30) CD's (because you can't test storage drivers in a VM) in a day, or I am making multiple ISO's for different VM's and don't want to have to cycle through the same screens on each run.

I also wanted to say the script is great and has been a great help!

Thanks!

@pdxrob: Both of the changes you are requesting have already been requested previously.

1. It would be best not to discuss this publicly as it is NOT A SUPPORTED FEATURE. Please PM me for details.

2. glentium started a discussion about such an implementation. However, the authors haven't reached much of a consensus on it or discussed it much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the IE7 integration doesn't seem working on my language. After I install the system and open up the internet explore... the about menu tells me that it is IE6 instead of IE7.. However, WMP11 works fine. Log attached.

Thanks for the great work you have put in the slipstreamer :)

hfslip.zip

In my language ie7 dont wont to install too, but i have solved my last problem with tv tuner, i dont know what exactly was the reason but in version 1.1 and 1.2 all works ok. I'll try to find a way to install ie7, maybe the installation works only on english windows or there are wrong switches.