HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

Hi,

First, thank you for all the work and time you spend on this project.

Just to let you know...

I have made a Dutch W2K CD, with IE6, DX9, MP9, Flash 9 and all updates

And everything went well.

Windows Update is happy.

There is just one thing...

The kb917008 Update shows up in the "Add/Remove Programs" list...

...not that it bothers me, just to let you know...

Thanks

Hi dreaMMar

KB917008 is being installed with the /nobackup switch. Sometimes this still creates an entry in the Add/Remove Programs list.

I don't think this can be worked around easily but I'll have a look at it in a few days.

hi TC & TP! this may be a little too late to post for our final 60810 but there were some peculiar results that i found out re-running the cmd ... i wonder if there's some changes made regarding the support for HFAAO as some add-ons no longer come up in the GUI ... technically no shortcuts are created anymore (pls see attached pics & files :)) ... i tried taking out some add-ons that i thought could be the culprits (latest XPize 4.5, new MS updates released after 60810: KB920872, KB916846, KB909095, KB828026 as well as KB917734, Vista Icon Pack Ultimate - System Patch, Visual Styles Multi Pack 4 Windows XP) ... what's funny is that some were retained, some were not ... i tried using a different clean source but still the same ... also there were some errors that popped up while in text copy mode & also while in GUI ... these probs were not present before ... please advise ... thanks!

can't seem to attach the pics ... hope you don't mind if i create an additional post for such ...

files.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh

here goes the 2nd ... :)

for the wmvdmod.dll screenshot, it is the same for the ff except for the file names: wmspdmod.dll, wmsdmod.dll & wmadmod.dll.

i swear i did not do any change ... for those files that i added (as aforementioned) i immediately took them out upon my next builds ... still with the same results ... even removed more :(

btw, have already downloaded again 60810 (in case my copy got corrupted) as well as the new test release

pics.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi TC/TP! i tried making new builds prior to posting this (making use of a re-downloaded 60810 cmd & re-downloaded MS-updates that came out after 60810 final) with the same results ... what used to work did not work anymore this time ... attached are the contents of the different directories for HFSLIP (technically, it is how my HFSLIP.log looks like but i added some comments) ... also included are some screenshots (1st 1 being the 1 which doesn't have the other apps anymore while the 2nd 1 is the 1 where all still worked) ... also, those not present anymore in the Start Menu are not in add-remove programs too ... i really wonder what made this drastic change ... please advise ... thanks! :wacko:

HFSLIP_contents_to_post.txt

post-84520-1156232833_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1156232844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi Kiki. I wish I could help out but I'm much too busy these days.

I already had a look at your TXTSETUP.SIF and HFSLIPWU.INF files and they look OK to me. The only advise I can give ATM is this:

1) Disable anti-virus

2) Copy a fresh source from the CD

3) Redownload additional programs including CMDOW.EXE

4) Run HFSLIP and burn new CD

5) Re-enable anti-virus

Edited by Tomcat76

hi TC! tried it without AVG ... re-downloaded cmdow ... as well as all recent hotfixes ... tried 2 different sources (XP Gold & XP SP1) ... still the same result ... all those add-ons that used to work as shown in the 1st pic above are no longer present (i.e., media player 11, lclock, some graphics & utilities add-ons) as compared to the 2nd pic where it used to show up after installation ... pls believe there was nothing new i did except for adding the new hotfixes + some add-ons which i took out too when i saw the initial result. i am certain there must be nothing that was changed in the cmd as i was able to create successful builds prior to my latest attempts ... i just wonder would there have been modifications made on how add-ons are treated this time ... or could there be new updates/hotfixes that could cause such? :wacko: thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi all! sorry for bothering y'all with my recent posts ... today i am going to post that i have already resolved my concerns ... just to share so if somebody might encounter the same issues, then this could serve as a preventive measure :) ... i believe the cause was some conflicts in how add-ons were created ... i guess there is a conflict with rytukz_Vista_Icons_Pack_Ultimate_System_Patch_addon_1.1.cab & XPize45 as these both replace system files ... i also modified my HFANSWER.ini ... lesson learned for me regarding add-ons ;) ... finally i can rest easy for the weekend ... thanks!

yup TC ... i'm even having problems with themes ... even when using a patched UXTHEME.dl_

Edited by Kiki Burgh