HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

@whakamaru: The lists that TC is referring to are in the stickied posts and TC's sig. Use those if you can't wait for this month's patches to be ironed out. If you can wait a bit, you should do so.

Edited by TAiN

@whakamaru: Another thing - the updates listed in that dialog you captured as updates*.JPG are the ones that were just released. Yes, please use Tomcat's updated list.

By the way, if those were the only updates that Windows Update requested, then you are all set. However, I did notice that you have some hotfixes that are obsolete/unnecessary (again, refer to TC's list).

If you plan to slipstream those new hotfixes, make sure you use the latest test release from this thread. Many, if not all, of those are not properly supported by the latest final release.

One final note: Move your dotnet2.exe file (I'm assuming this is RyanVM's installer, am I right?) to HF. .NET 2.0 normally cannot be installed from SVCPACK, the folder where HFSLIP places those files you put in HFSVCPACK. A special registry hack is needed, and HFSLIP will make Windows perform this change if you place the installer in HF. Be sure to use the latest test release for this functionality.

:) Hope everything helps.

Thanks for the help. I have successfully slipstreamed all the hotfixes for XP SP2 even the newer ones. I used the "Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0" to analyse the system and it has reported that all the hotfixes have been installed. This was all stipstreamed with version hfslip_60528.

Great program. Now that is required is to get rid of that WGATray.exe. Would it be possible to integrate this into the next version. I have read on several web sites that what is required is to rename wgatray.exe, winlogon.dll.

Thanks again for the help