HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

@EmRoD:

Can I have the HFSLIPWU.INF file from the SOURCESS\I386 folder?

Sure :)

do you want it with witch configuration for the fix ?

original name ?

WGA1.DLL ?

compressed WGA1.DL_ ?

Another one ?

It is possible there's a typo in the line that fixes the LegitCheckControl issue but someone else said it's working so I didn't bother testing it further. Install the attached wga1b.inf when you're booted into the fresh system (right-click and choose Install). If that seems to do the trick, download the attached HFSLIPWU.INF into your SOURCESS\I386 folder (no need to run HFSLIP again), burn a CD and install again.

Edited by Tomcat76

Hey now! Thanks for this very useful and powerful tool. I am a newbie, and I am stumped. Once I get over this first hurdle I think I will be in good shape. I am starting with a very, very basic configuration with no hot-fixes and no cabinets. I just want to be able to get past this first step before I drag all the hotfixes and cabinets into the build.

I started with a fresh copy of the XP Pro CD and slipstreamed in SP2. I can build a bootable CD from that folder and all is well.

I copied the SP2/i386 folder and CD tag files WIN51, WIN51IP, and win51ip.SP2 to the HFSLIP/SOURCE folder.

When I run the HFSLIP_60310.CMD command, it chugs along for awhile, runs without any error messages, and finishes up by creating the HFSLIP/SOURCESS folder and an ISO bootable image.

But, when I create a CD from the HFSLIP/SOURCESS folder and boot it on a machine, or boot the ISO image in VMWARE, it starts up just fine, and then quits with a message "Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP Installation."

When I boot the CD or ISO image, it starts Windows Setup, and loads the first set of drivers. Then it says "Starting Windows" and goes through the dialouges for selecting a partition and optionally formatting the partition. When the format finishes, it quits with the "Setup can not access the CD" instead of going to the next step of copying all the files to the freshly formatted partition.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Included are the WU.TXT file from HFNETCHK and the ERROR_REPORT.TXT from HFSLIP_60310.CMD.

TIA!

JR

wu.txt

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

I copied the SP2/i386 folder and CD tag files WIN51, WIN51IP, and win51ip.SP2 to the HFSLIP/SOURCE folder.
When asked for a path at the beginning of the HFSLIP program, what did you enter? Edited by Tomcat76

kiki - You're best bet is to not rename your hotfix files. Good luck slisptreaming them all in. Please post your results.

SnidelyW - Are you doing a CD installation? How did you slipstream SP2? Are you sure that your SP2 source works, prior to running HFSLIP?

Thanks sir tommyp for the encouragement ... Ü

Although i might be in a fix here as those official hotfixes that i downloaded from Microsoft have all been renamed to the KB###### or KB######-v# format. I did this way to make it easier to sort by file name via nLite. Further, this format seemed to be the naming convention of the unofficial hotfixes i added to the official ones.

Sir, would there be any other way that I could make use of such files (I would have about 270-280 hotfixes already) as I encountered somewhere in this guide that we could actually add prefic to such files for sorting purposes?

Any work around that you could advise would be certainly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-KIKI-

Edited by Kiki Burgh

I think for Windows XP SP2 you should keep the original names of these:

WindowsUpdateAgent20.exe

LegitCheckControl.cab

The other files should be fine as long as they have at least "KB######" in their name.

270~280 hotfixes? Are you sure you aren't using Windows '87? :)

But seriously... I can't imagine you need all those hotfixes and I doubt HFSLIP handles them all. Check in my signature for the hotfixes you need for Windows XP SP2.

Edited by Tomcat76

For starters, type 1 hotfixes should be have the word "Windows" in it. Type 2 hotfixes are various, but you probably want to re-download them to get the correct filename. Refer to this for the difference between type 1s and type 2s. http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/24/

Your best bet would be to use the same file naming scheme that MSFT uses. BTW, are you sure that all of those fixes are for SP2? It seems quite excessive, unless you have every problem/issue on your machine as listed on the KB article.

Edited by tommyp