5400 rpm?

ok so if i hook it up to my computer, how do i format it so i can use it for data storage? I think theres stuff on it so i want to hook it up and format it and then in my computer have it show up as as a secod drive(eg. Local disk(C:\), then beside it Local disk(Letter:\), where C is my first harddrive and Letter is my second one?

Well, you would have to get a modular device for it of some sort I would think. Like on my laptop I can either have 2 batteries attached, or 1 battery and cd/dvd/second hard drive. I don't think there are any laptops out there that can support 2 drives internally are there? :unsure: I'd look for modular internal attachments which can house the hd so you'll be able to run both at once. Or an external USB enclosure is an option as well.

Edited by ringfinger

Well then, didn't know... if its for your desktop just get a IDE converter to go from laptop IDE to standard IDE along with power and hook it up like this. Format with Windows or the many other apps. It will work in your computer and be recognized as a standard drive! Sry, I just assumed that since it was a laptop drive you wanted it in a laptop.

Edited by ringfinger