FAQ | $OEM$ folders don't exist yet?

mlr

hi all im trying to follow the tutorial to install driver packs usind winnt.sif method but my folders arnet named the same as above exactly were do i put my files please help

his folders are c:\xpcd\$oem$\$1\drivers

i dont have these

heres a pic of my cd

http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xp1dj.jpg

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

ok thanks for the reply but can you give me a clue as to which folder i have to put them in im a complete noob at this but hope to learn as much as possible any info you can give is much apreciated

ok i tried to copy my drivers to my xp disc but instead of installing drivers it copied the actuel folder to my hardrive with the drivers in,this is my folder set up i created a folder called $oem$ then inside that i put the folders $1,$$,$progs,$docs,inside the $1 folder i have a folder called install and one for drivers,and inside the$$ folder i have a folder called system 32,now what it actuly did is install the folders( install and drivers) to my c drive.

i setup the folders as it says here ref or at least i thought i had were have i gone wrong :huh:

ok and just for reference here is a copy of my winnt.sif file

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27904335588.jpg&s=x10

Edited by mlr

ok i tried to copy my drivers to my xp disc but instead of installing drivers it copied the actuel folder to my hardrive with the drivers in,this is my folder set up i created a folder called $oem$ then inside that i put the folders $1,$$,$progs,$docs,inside the $1 folder i have a folder called install and one for drivers,and inside the$$ folder i have a folder called system 32,now what it actuly did is install the folders( install and drivers) to my c drive.

i setup the folders as it says here ref or at least i thought i had were have i gone wrong :huh:

ok and just for reference here is a copy of my winnt.sif file

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27904335588.jpg&s=x10

That is EXACTLY what it's supposed to do. The question is: did you enter your OemPnPDriversPath correctly? Do you actually HAVE the folders you referenced there?

well i used your drivers and had them inside folders called 000_chipset 001_graphics etc then put those in the driver folder im thinking now this is were i went wrong and i should of just put your drivers directly in the drivers folder so its not actualy installed the drivers but the folders instead

ok i figured it out i wrote the winnt file wrong i set them all att 000 how stupid

Edited by mlr