Is AGP oficially dead?

PaCiNoLiFe

It seems that ATI is now on the nvidia bandwagon and is going to release there new high end card only for pci express. Does this definitely spell DOOM for AGP??? Tell me what you think because i'm p***ed off myself as pci express isn't that much faster than AGP from certain magazines i've read so why are they crapping all over the people who can't afford to upgrade. :realmad:

i dont think its the death of AGP just yet. there are still good cards that will handle any game you throw at it. the 9800 Pro being one of them. a truly fantastic card and absolutely dirt cheap to buy now. The only problem is that PCIe is soon becoming outdated. i read somewhere a while back that ( if i remember right, correct me if im wrong) intel have already come up with a PCIe 2.

I don't think AGP is dead yet, they are still selling them etc, and a lot of people use them, but they will phase them out, just as they do with all old technologies, so yes probably in a years timne it will all be PCI-E....then it will be sommit else, etc etc

As ripken204 stated, AGP is dying. There are virtually no motherboards being produced now with AGP slot at all. Nvidia and ATi will not be releasing any AGP counterparts for the 7000 series and X1x00 series respectively. Yes, you can obviously find AGP cards everywhere, but when your store still has many quantities of those items in stock you won't just throw it away.

Edited by Thai3g_Eclipse