Agnitum Outpost 3.0 Advanced (Silent) Installer

honey.pot

i get this wierd error msg after installing the outpost pro adv installer. after clearing out the error msg...i try launching the application from the start menu>all programs...it does not show up on the screen...nor does the tray icon appear...however in the task manager it shows that outpost is running...very wierd.

post-41663-1128685312_thumb.png

Edited by gelome

UPDATE:

Used the /DIR="C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall" to change the install directory back to the original default directory

Now the system tray icon appears on start-up :) phew!

Gonna do a fresh install on my test machine and hopefuully all will be ok (fingers crossed !)

Thanks again anyway

Hi Ironside!

Sounds good. I think with the next major release of Oupost Pro (3.1) I will change the default installation directory back to %PROGRAMFILES\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall.

Best wishes!

Can i prevent the configuration wizard from popping up after first reboot ?

Hi ironside!

I don't know if it is possible. Also, I don't know how to disable the Welcome Screen at first start. I know it has something to do with

history.en=XXXXXX/XXXXXX

Where X there are hex values. I think they represent encrypted time codes. If somebody has an idea, please contact me.

Best wishes!

unfortunatley, it didnt work for me - i tried to add the key, too - but whenever my script came to outpost, it stopped :-(

switching back to AutoIT :-(

nevertheless, great effort!

Hi WotC!

Very curious. I tested the parameter functions very well. There were no error messages or something like similiar? It is quite important, that a previous installation of Outpost has been uninstalled cleanly.

Did you tried an installation on a clean Windows? (VMware, etc).

Let me know if you have additional info about this problem.

Best wishes!

i get this wierd error msg after installing the outpost pro adv installer. after clearing out the error msg...i try launching the application from the start menu>all programs...it does not show up on the screen...nor does the tray icon appear...however in the task manager it shows that outpost is running...very wierd.

Hi gelome!

Please follow the steps suggested in the dialog box in your screenshot. This message indicates mostly when a previous Outpost Pro hasn't been uninstalled cleanly (no reboot has been done, etc.) and try again.

Let me know if you was successful.

Best wishes!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as gelome :( but my current windows is so unestable, maybe is my trouble.

However, i dont know if your installer works fine with spanish version,because i put Lang="es" but the error porpup me in english :(

Are you 100% sure that its multilingual?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi honey.pot

Very good work, indeed. :) But now there's Outpost v3.0.557.437 available. Can you provide the most current installer for this version, too? Or is it somehow possible to support newer versions of Outpost with the same installer?

thx

• 1 month later...
The new switches are:

- /KEY: You can give the installer the license key if you have one, e.g.

/KEY="licensekey". Default is no key.

Does anyone else have trouble using this switch? I have my license key that I have tried entering with and without quotes to no avail. But when it asks me if I would like to register and I enter it in the registration box, it works just fine.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...